Author Topic: If anyone wants to pray for the two missing Mt Hood climbers....  (Read 858 times)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
If anyone wants to pray for the two missing Mt Hood climbers....
« on: December 14, 2009, 08:50:21 PM »
One was found dead yesterday, from a fall and hypothermia. They have not found the other two yet...been searching for several days now. :'(

I dont know why they did not rent a beacon for $5.00 a day..it would have helped alot.

Anyway, if you feel led to pray...many are praying that they are going to be found alive. Please pray for the SEARCH AND RESCUE crews, it is very dangerous up there.

Thankyou. :'(

Here is a link: they post updates all the time.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/12/three_climbers_reported_missin.html
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: If anyone wants to pray for the two missing Mt Hood climbers....
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 07:37:24 AM »
Nope - I'm going to pray for all the people who have to risk their lives trying to save them.  I know it sounds harsh, but they made the choice to be on that mountain. 
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 09:16:07 AM »
ok, well, whatever you feel led to do. That is fine, which is why I also said the S & R people. People have been very depressed and making stupid choices up here and everywhere. Several households doing the mass killing thing, it's horrible.

We go through this several times a year, up here. Hardly anyone uses the GPS beacons and it ends up costing thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars to search for them.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 02:35:03 PM »
Nope - I'm going to pray for all the people who have to risk their lives trying to save them.  I know it sounds harsh, but they made the choice to be on that mountain. 
I feel horribly sad about it but Bullcat does have a point. Anyone who climbs one of the nation's highest mountains in the middle of winter, for kicks, is seriously tempting fate. Why didn't they just chum the Oregon coast and then swim around in it?

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 02:36:41 PM »
I know....

its really dangerous up on that mountain, just driving up there on the roads, is dangerous.

I think it would have been safer to swim in the ocean.

I feel horribly sad about it but Bullcat does have a point. Anyone who climbs one of the nation's highest mountains in the middle of winter, for kicks, is seriously tempting fate. Why didn't they just chum the Oregon coast and then swim around in it?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל