Poll

What should be the musical record of the decade (2000-2009)?

Black Holes and Revelations by Muse
0 (0%)
Light by Matisyahu
0 (0%)
Humanistic by Abandoned Pools
0 (0%)
All Hope is Gone by Slipknot
0 (0%)
Good News for People Who Love Bad News by Modest Mouse
0 (0%)
Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace by the Offspring
0 (0%)
Meteora by Linkin Park
1 (7.7%)
21st Century Breakdown by Green Day
0 (0%)
Satellite by P.O.D.
0 (0%)
Okeeblow/Swax by Scapegoat Wax
0 (0%)
Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson
0 (0%)
Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park
1 (7.7%)
Unleashed by Toby Keith
2 (15.4%)
A Rush Of Blood To The Head by Coldplay
0 (0%)
The Black And White Album by The Hives
0 (0%)
Franz Ferdinand by Franz Ferdinand
0 (0%)
Let It Be by the Black Eyed Peas
0 (0%)
XX by Mushroomhead
0 (0%)
The Reminder by Feist
0 (0%)
Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace by the Foo Fighters
0 (0%)
Iowa by Slipknot
0 (0%)
Swoon by the Silver Sun Pickups
0 (0%)
Divine Discontent by Sixpence None The Richer
0 (0%)
Stone Sour by Stone Sour
0 (0%)
Youth by Matisyahu
0 (0%)
White Lilies Island by Natalie Imbruglia
0 (0%)
One-X by Three Days Grace
0 (0%)
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb by U2
0 (0%)
United Abominations by Megadeth
0 (0%)
Viva la Vida by Coldplay
1 (7.7%)
Plans by Death Cab for Cutie
0 (0%)
Audioslave by Audioslave
0 (0%)
The Duchess by Fergie
0 (0%)
Gutterflower by the Goo Goo Dolls
0 (0%)
First Impressions of Earth by The Strokes
0 (0%)
Then Vs. You Vs. Me By Finger Eleven
0 (0%)
Mizzundaztood by Pink
2 (15.4%)
White Blood Cells by the White Stripes
2 (15.4%)
The Modern Age by the Strokes
1 (7.7%)
American Idiot by Green Day
0 (0%)
Other
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Revised Poll: What should be the Album of the Decade for the '00s (2000-2009)?  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
(Note: I have replaced my previous poll thread with a much better one that includes a full forty albums, as I quickly realized that my first poll left out far too many outstanding records of the decade.)

As you can see here my tastes are profoundly varied. I like everything from adult soft pop to contemporary Christian to heavy metal to hip-hop-influenced alternative to grunge to country, depending on my mood. I have listed, however, some albums that I did not particularly love, but that I feel were good, impactful and significant enough with the general public to warrant a place anyway. The only music that I truly despise is schvartze rap drek and quite a bit of R&B as well (I listened to that filth before I was a Christian). So, what do you all say?

I grant here that the genres of the albums I have listed are so scattered and divergent that there is little, if any, way to directly compare them to each other, so just decide which is the most profound, moving, personally impacting, very best for its genre, or whatever other criteria you choose to use. I have done my best to exclude "fad" albums, i.e. those with only one catchy song, however big, as well as albums primarily known for extremely cheesy songs. (Also please do note that I by no means vouch that the above albums all have completely appropriate content. Some of them definitely do not.)

Dr. Brennan Fan

PS: My vote will go to White Lilies Island by Natalie Imbruglia. Call me a sissy, softie, whatever; I don't care; it's a freakin' awesome album and probably the most passionate, sonically mature, and timeless of anything produced this decade. Miss Imbruglia successfully changed her style completely from her debut (Left of the Middle, released in early 1998), with great results. LOTM was a great record also, filled with highly catchy pop tunes that featured extremely modern synthesized instrumentals, but the lyrical and subject content was mostly quite shallow. In contrast, WLI is filled with sincerity-laden songs that speak to the heart--every single one of them positively outstanding. Please check out the following in particular on Youtube: "Beauty on the Fire", "Wrong Impression" (very similar to her mega-hit "Torn"), "Hurricane", and "Butterflies".

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Wow, Megadeath is still making albums?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
I think this is the decade that burred the concept of "the album", which is good since most albums are made of loads of crap to fill out the hour or so of music.

Anyway I chose "The Modern Age" by The Strokes.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Yes, it came out in 2007 and was very good. It has a strong right-wing message, is pro-Israel, and disses the crap out of the United Nazis.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
I chose Viva La Vida simply because I believe the song itself is probably the best one that came out this year.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
None of the Above.... i did not listen to any music by any of the bands listed... And I think I didn't miss anything...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
None of the Above.... i did not listen to any music by any of the bands listed... And I think I didn't miss anything...

You're probably right.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Out of those, Unleashed by Toby Keith, and the best song on it was "Beer for My Horses"

"Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue" is one for the ages. There needs to be a "Courtesy of the Blue and White" for Israel.

Offline patches

• Senior JTFer
  • To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
I chose the White Stripes album, but if it was an option, I'd choose American IV by Johnny Cash. Made in 2002, mostly covers but still one of the best albums ever!

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
I'd have to go with Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park because I don't know any of the others.

Otherwise I'd have to say 'Delectrified' by Marlies.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I chose the White Stripes album, but if it was an option, I'd choose American IV by Johnny Cash. Made in 2002, mostly covers but still one of the best albums ever!
Should have included that, but you can't get 'em all. Cash's cover of "Hurt" by NIN is much better than the original.

Offline Shiptar

• Full JTFer
KId A by Radiohead.

Offline GodGunsAndGlory

• Full JTFer
Other: All that Remains- Fall of Ideals. You guys should listen to their song Indictment.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮

My question is when will they replace Rap trash with something new.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Yes, it came out in 2007 and was very good. It has a strong right-wing message, is pro-Israel, and disses the crap out of the United Nazis.

WOW!!!  I used to love Mustang, but I always assumed he was a wacko leftist Jew-hater.  How about that, I'll give it a listen.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn

Good question! Seems like rap crap will always be around and I like everything BUT.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM

I keep hearing that Rap is on the way out, but I still here it being blasted by the college-aged kids.  

However, I never see them wearing Rap T-shirts anymore.  Its usually now bands like, the Ramones, Beatles, Zepplin, Maiden, GNR, etc.   Is it possible that music is going retro??

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
WOW!!!  I used to love Mustang, but I always assumed he was a wacko leftist Jew-hater.  How about that, I'll give it a listen.
It's Mustaine, and he became a born-again Christian.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Ah, I can't include them all!

Offline TheRighteousDutchman

• New JTFer
Uhmm... sorry people, that would be Straight to Hell by Hank Williams III.  :dance:

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
I have to be totally honest, I believe ALL music made after 1989 is crap.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates