Author Topic: Garrison Keillor and his thoughts on how Jews ruin his Christmas  (Read 815 times)

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
Garrison Keillor and his thoughts on how Jews ruin his Christmas
« on: December 22, 2009, 09:24:05 PM »
Please read his article in this link:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/keillor/2009/12/15/cambridge/index.html

In the article, he wrote:

"Unitarians listen to the Inner Voice and so they have no creed that they all stand up and recite in unison, and that's their perfect right, but it is wrong, wrong, wrong to rewrite "Silent Night." If you don't believe Jesus was God, OK, go write your own damn "Silent Night" and leave ours alone. This is spiritual piracy and cultural elitism and we Christians have stood for it long enough. And all those lousy holiday songs by Jewish guys that trash up the malls every year, Rudolph and the chestnuts and the rest of that dreck. Did one of our guys write "Grab your loafers, come along if you wanna, and we'll blow that shofar for Rosh Hashanah"? No, we didn't.

Christmas is a Christian holiday -- if you're not in the club, then buzz off. Celebrate Yule instead or dance around in druid robes for the solstice. Go light a big log, go wassailing and falalaing until you fall down, eat figgy pudding until you puke, but don't mess with the Messiah."

Here's my question:  Was this article expressing his true feelings or is he trying to be funny?  If he's expressing how he truly feels, then I'm really shocked by it.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
Re: Garrison Keillor and his thoughts on how Jews ruin his Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 11:01:58 PM »
Hard to tell if he's trying to be funny or writing how he feels, but I see NO WHERE in this article that says Jews are ruining his Christmas.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 12:11:09 AM »
What a loser.

Offline patches

• Senior JTFer
  • To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 03:44:53 AM »
He pokes fun at Unitarians and other religions all the time. I think he was just trying to be funny.

Did you hear about the Jehovas Witness woman who was having affairs? She was having two menanite.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 06:50:24 AM »
He pokes fun at Unitarians and other religions all the time. I think he was just trying to be funny.

Did you hear about the Jehovas Witness woman who was having affairs? She was having two menanite.
:::D
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 07:09:05 AM »
I don't get his point. Unitarians are no Christians, because they don't believe in the apostles creed like they don't believe in the creed of Nicea.

Why he want to sing non Christians songs with Christian content?

P.S.:

Unitarians even don't call themselves Christians.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 07:18:13 AM by Ulli »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 07:11:23 AM »
Without even touching the reference to Jews, it's laughable that Keillor presents himself as a defender of Christian traditions.  I genuinely like his abilities as a story-teller, but like too many from the upper midwest,  he's a flaming leftist.  He's Michael Moore in a less-repulsive wrapping.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 07:21:24 AM »
Keillor is joking this is his way he's a great storyteller and satirist.I think none have ever listened to him on the radio
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03