Author Topic: Englands Queen birtday celebrated in Israel  (Read 2465 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Englands Queen birtday celebrated in Israel
« on: April 27, 2007, 10:25:29 AM »
Why?? she visited over 8o countries including almost all moslem ones but not Israel
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3392746,00.html

Hundreds celebrate Queen Elizabeth's birthday in Israel

British Ambassador to Israel Tom Phillips hosts some 800 people at his Ramat Gan residence to celebrate queen's 81st birthday

Ynetnews Published:  04.27.07, 14:18 / Israel News 

British Ambassador to Israel Tom Phillips hosted some 800 people at his Ramat Gan residence on Thursday evening to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II’s 81st birthday.

Ambassador Phillips started off his speech in Hebrew by welcoming his guests, including guest of honor Social Affairs Minister Isaac Herzog.

“Birthdays, like all anniversaries, are times of taking stock – when we look back and remember our roots and our values,” said the ambassador.

“Just a few days after we celebrated Israel’s 59th birthday, I would like to add that my country remains fully conscious of what Israel has achieved in a remarkably short period of time; that we also remain fully committed to Israel’s security,” he continued.

“I see tonight’s celebrations of my Queen and my country’s birthday as an opportunity also to celebrate the ties and values which unite the peoples of the United Kingdom and the State of Israel.”

Guests feast on English cheeses and Scottish smoked salmon. (Photo: Mati Milstein)

Guests were treated to a photo exhibition portraying the last year in UK-Israel relations, including visits by British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett, Conservative Party Leader David Cameron and world renowned physicist Professor Stephen Hawking.

The traditional sunset ceremony and singing of the national anthems was followed by a laser show of images of the UK to the sounds of the Beatles’ “Birthday."

A piper from the Highland Regiment entertained guests as they feasted on the some 30 kilograms of English cheeses and a considerable amount of Scottish smoked salmon, which were specially flown in for the event.

3 Talkbacks for this article    See all talkbacks

1.  I think Israel&North Pole are 2 places she's never visited  (End)
Alan  ,  SA   (04.27.07)

2.  But at least the Salmon and Stilton Cheese is nice  (End)
Alan  ,  SA   (04.27.07)

3.  Dutch Queen's Day is on Monday... 30th April 

« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 02:30:08 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
Re: Englands Queen birtday celebrated in Israel
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 12:05:25 PM »
Shared values between ENgland and Israel?  Like what?  Giving up in the face of terrorists and succumbing to soul-destroying multiculturalism?  Those are wonderful things to hold in common and celebrate.
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 12:07:54 PM »
Well they found 2 things they have in commen. In some ways charles caused Diana to have intimate relations with a moslem arab
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 01:14:26 PM »
Stupidity.
The people in England don't really even celebrate the Queens birthday.....yet the Israelis do?

ftf

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 01:31:36 PM »
I consider myself to be a patriotic brit, yet I don't even know when the queen's birthday is...

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 04:40:04 PM »
Why are Israelis celebrating the queens birthday like they are still a colony or comenwealth of the UK?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 04:41:31 PM »
Because they still have a colonys mentallity

Shot at 2010-01-03