Author Topic: GayDL accepts Jimmy Farters apology.  (Read 634 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
GayDL accepts Jimmy Farters apology.
« on: December 29, 2009, 07:29:02 PM »
From an email I got from NewsMax

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmy Carter asked the Jewish community for forgiveness for any stigma he may have caused Israel.

In a letter released exclusively to JTA, the former US president sent a seasonal message wishing for peace between Israel and its neighbors, and concluded: "We must recognize Israel's achievements under difficult circumstances, even as we strive in a positive way to help Israel continue to improve its relations with its Arab populations, but we must not permit criticisms for improvement to stigmatize Israel.

"As I would have noted at Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, but which is appropriate at any time of the year, I offer an Al Het for any words or deeds of mine that may have done so."

"Al Het" refers to the Yom Kippur prayer asking God forgiveness for sins committed against Him. In modern Hebrew it refers to any plea for forgiveness.

Carter has angered some US Jews in recent years with writings and statements that place the burden of peacemaking on Israel, that have likened Israel's settlement policies to apartheid, and that have blamed the pro-Israel lobby for inhibiting an evenhanded US foreign policy.

Abraham Foxman, the Anti-Defamation League's national director, welcomed the statement, calling it the "beginning of reconciliation."

"We welcome any statement from a significant individual such as a former president who asks for Al Het," Foxman said. "To what extent it is an epiphany, time will tell. There certainly is hurt which needs to be repaired."
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
Re: GayDL accepts Jimmy Farters apology.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 07:47:41 PM »
You sound surprised, my friend. I'm not. >:(

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 08:39:16 PM »
The GayDL is a peice of sh*t and so is Jimmy Farter.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 09:33:43 PM »
Jimmy Carter should ask JTF if we accept his apology.  We could tell him what to do with his apology and where to go.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 10:20:43 PM »
Carter can give an analogy for all I care... Maybe this is where he can find his apology.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 07:06:19 AM »
Jimmy Carter should ask JTF if we accept his apology.  We could tell him what to do with his apology and where to go.

Yes this is a good idea. He should register on the forums and post on the Ask JTF topic and say "Dear Chaim, please forgive" Probably won't happen.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 10:06:23 AM »

Sure. Why not. Why not forgive all the other "great leaders"?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 10:30:39 AM »
I am prepared to accept his apology if it is provably sincere.  Coming at a time when his grandson needs Jewish votes is not enough to prove sincerity.  If he will spend a year doing in Israel doing volunteer work in Kiryat Arba and Kfar Tpuach I will believe he is sincere.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 10:53:25 AM »
They are stupid IDIOTS.  ISnt this for political crap?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates