Author Topic: CAIR Warns Against Racial Profiling In Wake Of Northwest Airlines Terrorism Att  (Read 3377 times)

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
http://www.personalliberty.com/news/cair-warns-against-racial-profiling-in-wake-of-northwest-airlines-terrorism-attempt-19532908/

With many questions still lingering about the attempted bombing of a flight arriving in Detroit on Christmas Day, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) has appealed to airline crews and security personnel to avoid ethnic and religious profiling.

The organization expressed its concern after two recent incidents in which passengers were allegedly targeted based either on their national origin or on otherwise ordinary behavior.

The first incident is reported to have happened in Arizona, where two men who were described as "Middle Eastern" and who spoke in a foreign language, were removed from a US Airways flight and questioned by the FBI before being released.

Meanwhile, in Michigan, police removed a Nigerian passenger from a flight after he became ill and spent what others considered too much time in the aircraft’s bathroom, the organization adds.

"While everyone supports robust airline security measures, racial and religious profiling are in fact counterproductive and can lead to a climate of insecurity and fear," said CAIR national communications director Ibrahim Hooper.

The appeal coincides with a statement by former secretary of the Department of Homeland Security Tom Ridge in which he suggested the alleged terrorist Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab may not be eligible for constitutional protections based on his foreign nationality and the gravity of the charges he is likely to face.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
"Peaceful Muslims" should be lining up around the corner to assist nabbing the bag guys.

I get looked over fairly hard at the airport.  Big giant beard, religious hat, religious texts, sometimes I have a full DJ crate of records when I fly as well...  I have nearly missed flights because of waiting for computer sniffer devices, and people want to ask me questions, WHATEVER, it is better than being dead [I always THANK the people because I salute their duties as more important than a little false pride].  I think most non-jihadist Muslims value not dying in jihad themselves and should be eager to line up and get searched [their religion may condone death, but not everyone is eager to embrace it].
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
Does "War on Terror" in the USA still exist? I don't think so. Because while the Bush administration there was never a terror attack.

• Gold Star JTF Member
Does "War on Terror" in the USA still exist? I don't think so. Because while the Bush administration there was never a terror attack.

uhhhhhh 9-11-01

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
War on Terror began after 9/11.

Offline Historical Truth

• Senior JTFer
Always do the opposite of what CAIR says.

• Gold Star JTF Member
Always do the opposite of what CAIR says.

That's some really good survival advice. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
War on Terror began after 9/11.

How the hell can you have a war on a tactic?