Author Topic: C-SPAN host allows anti-Semitic rant  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
C-SPAN host allows anti-Semitic rant
« on: January 09, 2010, 07:00:33 PM »
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=121351

A C-SPAN host has let a caller and a guest both launch anti-Semitic rants without objection or censure, and then declined to explain why the harsh criticism of Israel – described as of "no worth" – was allowed.

The discourse came recently while Bill Scanlan was hosting the program, and a video of the exchange has been preserved at a website called "the elder of ziyon."

The site describes the exchange as including an "unbelievably anti-Semitic question by the caller," but also criticized that the C-SPAN anchor doesn't even blink. C-SPAN guest Michael Scheuer also is captured "pretty much telling the world how Israel deserves to be the target of terror attacks."

The episode started with an unidentified caller to the show:

(Story continues below)

"I, for one, am sick and tired of all these Jews coming on CSPAN and other stations and pushing us to go to war against our Muslim friends," the caller said. "They're willing to spend the last drop of American blood and treasure to get their way in the world … They have way too much power in this country."

Scanlan didn't comment.

But Scheuer, a former CIA worker who served as the chief of the bin Laden issue station from 1996 through 1999, took up the theme.

"I think American foreign policy eventually is up to American people," said Scheuer, who was outed as the "anonymous" author of "Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terror." ,

He said for the last 30 years people in the U.S. have "not been able to discuss" the U.S. policy toward Israel.

"Whether we want to be involved fighting Israel's wars in the future is something Americans should be able to talk about," he said. "They may vote yes. They may want to see their kids killed in Iraq or Yemen … to protect Israel."

He said the question is one "we need to talk about."

He also said Israel is a nation "of no particular worth to the U.S. … strategy."

"Their association with us is a negative for the U.S.," he said. "For anyone to stand up in the U.S. and say our support for Israel doesn't hurt us in the Muslim world is to just defy reality."

Again, Scanlan had no comment.

Blogger Jeffrey Goldberg at the Atlantic said he called Scanlan.

"I asked him why he allowed a caller to launch into a grotesque anti-Semitic rant on Monday, and why he didn't challenge the caller or cut him off. Scanlan said he was not authorized to speak for the company. I told him I didn't want him to speak for the company, but that I wanted him to speak for himself. But he refused to comment and referred my call to Michelle Remillard, his producer. I called her and am awaiting her call back."

He said he comments from the caller and Scheuer "went unchallenged by C-SPAN's seemingly catatonic host, Bill Scanlan."
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Re: C-SPAN host allows anti-Semitic rant
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 07:40:22 PM »
I saw this posted before, it is amazingly shocking, and worrisome.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Moshe92

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 08:13:12 PM »
Michael Scheuer of course agreed with the caller. Michael Scheuer says that the only congressmen he supports are Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 06:06:57 AM »
Also reported on Arutz Sheva here:  http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/135427

I thought comment #5 was a good insight and probably sums up 'the ron paul problem' ....

5. Scheuer sounds a lot like Ron Paul....
BS "D

Crypto-antisemites. They attempt to sound so even-handed, putting the Jewish struggle for self-determination on an equal moral footing with US support of tyrannies such as Saudi Arabia and the PLO. He uses the half of the truth he has right to fool people into thinking he also understands Israel and the Jewish people.
Ellie Katz, (01/08/10)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 07:09:13 AM »
Michael Scheuer is a desk jockey he never was a field agent or direct action ,he was a security analyst .He also was a Ron Paul supporter.Gary Bernsten who actually was in Afghanistan as someone from the first days of hunting bin ladden and led a  CIA team in tora bora. had an argument with scheuer on fox and scheuer backed down. I think scheuer didn't know Berntsen would be on the same time as him ;D 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Berntsen   

http://thefrumnews.blogspot.com/2008/09/gary-berntsen-to-speak-at-agudath.html   

Gary Berntsen to Speak at Agudath Israel Midwest Regional Dinner
The Agudath Israel Midwest Regional office is pleased to announce that Mr. Gary Berntsen will be speaking at its annual dinner on Tuesday, September 9 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Chicago, Illinois.

Mr. Berntsen is a decorated former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) career officer who served in the Directorate of Operations between October 1982 and June 2005. During his time at the CIA, he was awarded the Distinguished Intelligence Medal and the Intelligence Star. In December 2001, he was the CIA’s key field commander for the agency’s Jawbreaker team at Tora Bora, leading the hunt for Osama bin Laden. For three years, as part of his commitment to combating global terrorism, Mr. Berntsen led the CIA’s efforts against Hizbullah in Lebanon.

Mr. Berntsen has authored two books, the first entitled Jawbreaker, detailing his experiences in Afghanistan fighting the Taliban. Human Intelligence, Counterterrorism, and National Leadership: A Practical Guide, his third book, is set to come out next month.

Rabbi Dovid Schnell, President of Agudath Israel of Illinois noted, “Gary Berntsen has been on the front lines fighting against terror for over twenty years. We are honored to welcome him at our annual dinner this Tuesday.”
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 12:32:21 PM »
I saw this on Arutz Sheva. It's just sick but not too suprizing
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 02:56:05 PM »
Scheuer sounds Jewish.  Is this yet another self-hating piece of Jewish dreck trying to massacre his own people?

Moshe92

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 03:06:25 PM »
Scheuer sounds Jewish.  Is this yet another self-hating piece of Jewish dreck trying to massacre his own people?

Scheuer is a German name. Many Jews (me included) have Germanic last names, but the majority of people in the world with names like that are gentiles. Michael Scheuer is a gentile anti-semite.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 03:07:56 PM »
Good to know Moshe.  Growing up in NYC that was not the case, but you are absolutely right with respect to everywhere else

Moshe92

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 03:12:34 PM »
Good to know Moshe.  Growing up in NYC that was not the case, but you are absolutely right with respect to everywhere else

That's true. I live in an area with many Jews, and most people I know with the last name Schneider, for example, are Jewish, but Schneider also happens to be the second most common last name in Germany.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 03:34:14 PM »
Sounds like Bill Scanlan is another Ron Paul pederast.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 03:36:37 PM »
Michael Scheuer of course agreed with the caller. Michael Scheuer says that the only congressmen he supports are Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich.

I cannot stand Kucinich.  He must be the pansiest man in congress.  He also wears a big bow tie. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt