Author Topic: CAIR Alleges TSA Rules Amount To Profiling  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
CAIR Alleges TSA Rules Amount To Profiling
« on: January 11, 2010, 06:44:58 PM »
http://www.personalliberty.com/news/cair-alleges-tsa-rules-amount-to-profiling-19543730/

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), a Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization, has said the new security measures outlined by the Transport Security Administration (TSA) unfairly single out a particular religious group and may therefore be illegal.

The TSA has published the new rules in response to the attempted terrorist attack on Christmas Day that targeted a Northwest Airlines flight from Amsterdam to Detroit. Under the directive, passengers traveling to the United States from 14 countries—most of which are Muslim-majority nations—that are alleged to have ties to international terrorism will be subject to pat-downs in addition to regular security screenings.

Countries selected for this type of treatment include Afghanistan, Algeria, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Nigeria, Pakistan and Yemen, as well as Cuba, Iran, Sudan and Syria.

According to CAIR, the new guidelines will disproportionately target American Muslims who have family or spiritual ties to the Islamic world.

"While singling out travelers based on religion and national origin may make some people feel safer, it only serves to alienate and stigmatize Muslims and does nothing to improve airline security," said the organization’s national executive director Nihad Awad.

He suggested that focusing on passengers’ behavior rather than appearance, and using more bomb-sniffing dogs and installing sophisticated explosive-detection equipment would be a better way to enhance security.

Another controversy regarding increased security measures stems from the government’s announcement to use full-body scanning technology, which some say is an invasion of privacy.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Re: CAIR Alleges TSA Rules Amount To Profiling
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 04:34:46 AM »
CAIR needs to be put on trial for treason against the American people.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline george_jtf

• Full JTFer
Re: CAIR Alleges TSA Rules Amount To Profiling
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 07:15:25 PM »
Yeah, it is the usual "profiling against Muslims"....why am I not surprised?
Then again, I don't see jews/christians/hindus/budhists using passenger planes to commit murders on thousands of innocent people..why? Because they don't do such things.

So yes, if this profiling of muslims exists, I fully support it. Since muslims themselves are unable to eradicate these terrorists among themselves and try hard enough to live like civilized people, then profiling is totally understanding.