Author Topic: The "Shababnik": the new breed of Haredi punk/gangster  (Read 2442 times)

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
The "Shababnik": the new breed of Haredi punk/gangster
« on: January 17, 2010, 07:50:39 AM »
Rav Shteinman is a successor to Rav Shach, and one of the last in the non-Hassidic Haredi world who commands respect. That his Bnei Brak home was robbed last week of $100,000 tzedaka gelt is significant
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/archive/44939/Costly+Break-In+at+the+Home+of+Maran+Rav+Shteinman+Shlita.html

But that it was trashed in the process is usually a sign that it was done by "Shababniks" http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1079220/posts
 and an inside job, as Arab or Chilloni gnovim don't deliberately trash a victim.

Shababniks are a new and growing phenomenon of a breed of severely wayward fearless young lapsed-Haredi criminals in Bnei Brak, Jerusalem and Ashdod, who wear black kippot and even lay tefillin, but who have viciously turned on their own kehillos, mugging and robbing them ruthlessly and nastily, at the same time praying to Hashem to help them in their crimes!

Shababniks have no respect for the rabbis, rebbes or police. If these guys are caught in Bnei Brak they could well be stoned!

A man like Rabbi Meir Kahane would have been able to influence these wayward sods back to the path, not of Haredism - but of Kahanist activism! Woe that we have no such leader in this generation.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:13:31 AM by wonga66 »

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: The "Shabanik": the new breed of Haredi punk/gangster
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 11:56:37 AM »
                                                                בס"ד

Is there anything you don't hate?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 11:57:11 AM »
Typical lashon hara from wonga.... Cant you do better than this?
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 01:15:22 PM »
It is true that shababnikim are a growing problem in bnei brak.   I'm not sure what is lashon hara about it.   Perhaps wonga raises a decent point.   These kids need something meaningful to live for, although I'm not sure if they are really still donning tefillin or pretending to be religious?   My understanding was that they are largely "off the derech."   In any case it could be that if pressures of their society (the society of bnei brak) were shifted, they could be less frustrated and less of the youth would resort to this criminal behavior.   I don't profess to have a diagnosis of that problem.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 01:57:20 PM »
It is true that shababnikim are a growing problem in bnei brak.   I'm not sure what is lashon hara about it.   Perhaps wonga raises a decent point.   These kids need something meaningful to live for, although I'm not sure if they are really still donning tefillin or pretending to be religious?   My understanding was that they are largely "off the derech."   In any case it could be that if pressures of their society (the society of bnei brak) were shifted, they could be less frustrated and less of the youth would resort to this criminal behavior.   I don't profess to have a diagnosis of that problem.

I say that calling this an 'inside job' implies that there was someone inside the Rabbis inner circle who are complicit in this crime. I think it is wrong to make assumptions like this. Do you disagree or did you miss this aspect of what wonga has said here?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 02:27:16 PM »

I say that calling this an 'inside job' implies that there was someone inside the Rabbis inner circle who are complicit in this crime. I think it is wrong to make assumptions like this. Do you disagree or did you miss this aspect of what wonga has said here?

No, I think you misinterpreted it.   Inside job means it was likely done by shababnakim (formerly religious/off the derech/rebelling gangster youths), as opposed to being committed by an outsider like an Arab or a chiloni etc...   I'm not sure how you read what you did into what wonga said.   

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 02:39:28 PM »
Today there are lock picking machines. They open a normal door in a few seconds without opening marks.

In my country the Muslim criminals watching houses for days before they break in and rob the property of the people. The police advises the people in fancy neighborhoods to watch for strange people who observe the houses.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 03:19:19 PM »
It is not wonga who says it might have been an inside job, but the POLICE who are saying it likely was one.
http://www.5tjt.com/news/read.asp?Id=5676

Police investigating the break-in of the Shteinman home believe that it was an inside job - someone that had a key and knew the Rabbi's schedule.
[/b]

Actually, if anything, the article in the 5 town Jewish times indicates that the "inside job" refers not to an insider as in one of the disenfranchised youths, but an real insider who is close to the Rabbi and had a key!   That suggests an adult or so-called colleague who did it, and perhaps they tried to FRAME shababnakim by also throwing things everywhere to make it look like vandalism even though it was mainly a theft by an insider.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 06:47:52 PM »
Shababniks know their kehillos intimately. An article in the English Hamodia 2 weeks ago told how they know when familes are away at simchos by looking at shul notice boards announcing brisos, weddings etc. They know that most Haredim won't call the police on shabbos, even though it is Halachically mandated to do so. Although cars were absolutely banned in Bnei Brak on shabbos, so great is the problem that beefy Russian goyim have now been hired to patrol Bnei Brak in cars on shabbos.

Another possibility is that the thieves were part of the growing number, in the hundreds of thousands, of Halachic Jews, who have Jewish mothers but Arab Muslim fathers. Almost without exception they take after their paternal evil character and religion, and fanatically hate Jews and Judaism. Alll they have to do is put on a kippa and tzitzis, and they can walk around masquerading in Bnei Brak as real Sefardi Shasniks, but with a detectable un-Jewish glint of killer in their eyes, detectable to the discerning!

With all the internal fighting, rivalries, and recent revelations of arrests, jailings, sex crimes, laundering and financial crimes, there is a growing feeling of Haredi self-hate, and Haredim, although still better than 97% of humanity, do not look like to the world or to eachother as "the elect of mankind" any more. Haredi society could quickly disintegrate  in the next few years, as has happened again and again and again throught Jewish history.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:59:23 PM by wonga66 »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 06:43:25 AM »
Shababniks know their kehillos intimately. An article in the English Hamodia 2 weeks ago told how they know when familes are away at simchos by looking at shul notice boards announcing brisos, weddings etc. They know that most Haredim won't call the police on shabbos, even though it is Halachically mandated to do so. Although cars were absolutely banned in Bnei Brak on shabbos, so great is the problem that beefy Russian goyim have now been hired to patrol Bnei Brak in cars on shabbos.

Another possibility is that the thieves were part of the growing number, in the hundreds of thousands, of Halachic Jews, who have Jewish mothers but Arab Muslim fathers. Almost without exception they take after their paternal evil character and religion, and fanatically hate Jews and Judaism. Alll they have to do is put on a kippa and tzitzis, and they can walk around masquerading in Bnei Brak as real Sefardi Shasniks, but with a detectable un-Jewish glint of killer in their eyes, detectable to the discerning!

With all the internal fighting, rivalries, and recent revelations of arrests, jailings, sex crimes, laundering and financial crimes, there is a growing feeling of Haredi self-hate, and Haredim, although still better than 97% of humanity, do not look like to the world or to eachother as "the elect of mankind" any more. Haredi society could quickly disintegrate  in the next few years, as has happened again and again and again throught Jewish history.

All this is speculation but from reading the article, it says CLEARLY that the POLICE think that it was someone who is close to the rabbi, knows him well, and might have had a key or knew when to break in.   Funny that you try to use this article to attack all sorts of groups when it really has to do with one guy who was a fraud following the rabbi around in order to steal money from him.   It has nothing to do with shas, shababniks, or anything else.