Author Topic: Moses doesn't look black in the "Prince of Egypt"?  (Read 1290 times)

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
Moses doesn't look black in the "Prince of Egypt"?
« on: January 18, 2010, 07:39:11 PM »
On ask JTF, Chaim said that steven spielberg made him black..In the video he definitely looks white..

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
Re: Moses doesn't look black in the "Prince of Egypt"?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 10:34:58 PM »
Any takers?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:38:51 PM »
NO he's not a sub-saharan.. not even close.  They made him dark, but its certainly plausible that he was dark.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 04:35:49 AM »
He didn't look black in the film to me, looked like a darker brown. Anyways, it's impossible to say what his skin tone was but judging by my own fathers appearance as well as my ancestors who are Sephardic Jews with ancestry to Algeria and the Middle East, I would say that he and the ancient Israelites were likely anywhere from lighter skinned (in the northern regions) to an olive skintone (ranging from medium complexions to darker complexions), Any darker is probably going to be from the Arabian peninsula as the people there are much darker than those of the Levant.

Anyways, I suppose it's possible Moses was as dark as featured in the film, mediterranean peoples can get pretty dark if they tan from the sun. On the other hand, take them out of the sun and they can get pretty pale.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 11:02:34 AM »
Moses doesn't look 80 years old also, as he was when he said to pharaoh "let my people go"...

The article about this movie in the JTF site about 10 years ago so maybe Chaim didn't remember every detail correctly. You can try and look for the old article and see from first source what was the criticism about exactly.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 11:53:01 AM »
Maybe they made Moses look younger to appeal to a wider audience, youth sells.