Author Topic: Cops: Mom forces son to kill hamster for bad grade  (Read 735 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Cops: Mom forces son to kill hamster for bad grade
« on: January 23, 2010, 10:54:04 PM »
http://www.ajc.com/news/cops-mom-forces-son-280517.html

As punishment for bad grades, a Georgia mother forced her 12-year-old son to kill his pet hamster with a hammer, police said.
Meriwether County Sheriff's Offi Lynn Geter, 38, is accused of forcing her 12-year-old son to kill his pet hamster for earning a bad grade, according to Steve Whitlock, Meriwether County sheriff.
Related

* Get Schooled: Are some parents too threatening to call?

More Atlanta area news »

* Historic Brookhaven home faces uncertain future
    * Report: Vick received steroids
    * Hot meals return at jail
    * Cobb man crosses Antarctica unaided
    * Top news around the Web

The day after he was forced to kill his pet, the child told his teacher, Meriwether County Sheriff Steve Whitlock told the AJC Thursday evening.

The teacher reported the incident to DFCS authorities, who contacted police, Whitlock said. The pet's death allegedly took place at the family's Warm Springs home.

On Friday, 38-year-old Lynn Middlebrooks Geter was arrested, Whitlock said. Geter faces one charge each of animal cruelty, child cruelty and battery.

Geter remained in the Meriwether County jail Thursday evening, Whitlock said. Meriwether County is located about 90 minutes southwest of Atlanta.

Geter's husband, Brad Geter, decline to comment on the incident when reached by phone Friday evening.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Cops: Mom forces son to kill hamster for bad grade
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 11:06:32 PM »
Thats one sick Mama!  They should make her eat the dead hamster, uncooked.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 11:30:11 PM »
That poor child I hope he doesn't grow up to abuse children or animals. I feel mostly bad for the child but I also grieve for the innocent little animal.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 12:05:35 AM »
Just when you think you've heard it all....

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 12:10:09 AM »

From the article.

"On Friday, 38-year-old Lynn Middlebrooks Geter was arrested, Whitlock said. Geter faces one charge each of animal cruelty, child cruelty and battery."

The charges are just.

What a stupid cruel cow of a woman.  >:(
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 12:39:05 AM »
I know all of you saw her face....with a face like hers it's no wonder the poor boy was making bad grades....he was being psychologically abused by his deranged mother.

Forcing her son to kill his beloved pet hamster was BEYOND CRUEL!

G-d willing that poor boy will never have to see his abusive mother ever again...

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 12:54:25 AM »
sick

although i am not against some sort of restriction on children to improve grades. It goes all the time in India. And i'm sure among Indian Americans too. My 6 yr old nephew in US, doesnt get to play on his PSP except on Sundays. he may cry a ton, but academic excellence is equally important. He gets the best grades though.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 01:31:57 AM »
Well the Mother does not look like the most pleasant of people but then again who would in a mug shot. What ever happened to no TV for a month or until grades improve at least? I honestly don't think this kid will ever forget he had to kill his hamster. I had to shake my head when I saw the people lived in Warm Springs GA.. ::) I visited there some years ago and the town was actually very nice except for two things..... When I went into a local gas station and tried to buy gas  on Sunday morning I was stared down by the station owner who lived just behind the station...It seems  they don't sell gas on Sunday... He never said a word he just stared at me until I got back into my car and left. In town was a quick stop or some such thing and I got gas there. Not a block or two from there a cop started to tail me and stayed on my tail for 5 or 10 miles. If I had had my car  with  New York plates and not the South Carolina ones the rent a car had I am sure he would have taken me for a visit to the little white house ( the police station not F.D.R 's summer home  :::D ).   
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years