Author Topic: Shalom 'aleikhem!  (Read 14664 times)

Offline rhayat1

• Full JTFer
Re: Shalom 'aleikhem!
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2010, 10:41:02 AM »
The Shas "party" did not start out as a "party".  It started out as a "movement" and then rapidly morphed into a LOCAL political party whose aim was only to gain seats in the Jerusalem city council.  Ovadya Yosef did NOT found Shas, though he may have started it as a political party.  I was present when the issue was brought up how to approach Ovadya Yosef with the concept of Shas (known by a different name at the time).  It was feared he would dismiss it outright, thereby killing the movement.  This was seen as a very delicate issue.

Yes, you are right that he would have no respect for me - due to my opinions about the Zohar and the so-called Kabbalah.  I can live with that.

I'm still waiting to see if anybody knows the original name for "Shas".

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2010, 11:13:36 AM »
It's "Ovadya Yosef" as far as I'm concerned; I owe no respect to a man who makes arbitrary rulings, though he did help me out once in a personal matter.

This is pathetic. Maran Ovadya Yosef is the highest Halachic authority for many (if not the majority) Sefaradi Jews. You are not in position to judge him. Morerover, disrespect for Torah Sages ia a great sin.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2010, 01:02:03 PM »
Ron, partially I agree with you, but it is a fact, that the modern rational technology and economy are born in European countries and then went with the culture there in the world. Of cause Jews can claim a great part of the merits for it. I have eyes and I see, that only the western world, some parts of non-Muslim Asia and Israel are developed countries. Babylon is dead, the sub-saharan black countries are helloholes and the Islamic world is a poorhouse except for the states  that have oil-resources. Honestly there is nothing I could learn from them - this cultures failed totally.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2010, 01:05:26 PM »
  The Black panthers
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2010, 01:15:32 PM »
                                                                       בס"ד

Ron, partially I agree with you, but it is a fact, that the modern rational technology and economy are born in European countries and then went with the culture there in the world. Of cause Jews can claim a great part of the merits for it. I have eyes and I see, that only the western world, some parts of non-Muslim Asia and Israel are developed countries. Babylon is dead, the sub-saharan black countries are helloholes and the Islamic world is a poorhouse except for the states  that have oil-resources. Honestly there is nothing I could learn from them - this cultures failed totally.

Thing is that the very way of thinking, and AT LEAST most of the inventions made in the past 600 years were made by Jews. Before Euros adopted these ideas, they didn't have much of a technological experience, unlike the Muslims and the other non-Europeans who were undoubtly much more developed. Much of the medicine, musical structure, architecture, weaponary was originally or basically invented by other people.
The "intelligent" Byzantine's "inventors" were humiliatingly defeated by the "primitive" Muslim Ottomans who burnt their walls down like cards with higher techonology - Gunpowder.

The Shas "party" did not start out as a "party".  It started out as a "movement" and then rapidly morphed into a LOCAL political party whose aim was only to gain seats in the Jerusalem city council.  Ovadya Yosef did NOT found Shas, though he may have started it as a political party.  I was present when the issue was brought up how to approach Ovadya Yosef with the concept of Shas (known by a different name at the time).  It was feared he would dismiss it outright, thereby killing the movement.  This was seen as a very delicate issue.

It is just funny. Ha'Rav Nisim Ze'ev and his bodies, along with Ha'Rav Ovadia and Ha'Rav Shach founded the Shas movement/party - whatever. They were always religious Jews who fought for Torah and not only for Sephardic rights.

I just gave it to you.

One more thing. You don't debate with Nazis [once again, 6 million is a FACT, one who makes up lies about this, is doing it from HATRED, not rationality] --- you kill them, white or not.

Offline rhayat1

• Full JTFer
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2010, 01:38:21 PM »
"It is just funny. Ha'Rav Nisim Ze'ev and his bodies, along with Ha'Rav Ovadia and Ha'Rav Shach founded the Shas movement/party - whatever. They were always religious Jews who fought for Torah and not only for Sephardic rights."

Umm... yeah, they fought for Torah.  I never said otherwise.  What's your point?

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
  • יברך אלוהים את אמריקה ואת ישראל וכל אוהבי ע&a
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2010, 08:59:51 PM »
The English is a white language! Even though there are lots of [censored] who use it, the roots of the Old English language are  European. The English language evolved around 1000 AD in Southern England, it was brought by the Anglo-Saxon invaders and the Viking warriors (who were all whites)..

Offline hyperion

• Full JTFer
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2010, 01:46:47 PM »
Well there is indeed a race among humans it is a proven scientific fact. After all to schwartzas won't give birth to chinese kids...

An interesting addition to the discussion:

http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2010/01/iq-and-human-accomplishment-debate.html