Author Topic: Explosion at Connecticut Power Plant Causes Mass Casualties  (Read 472 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Explosion at Connecticut Power Plant Causes Mass Casualties
« on: February 07, 2010, 01:18:46 PM »
Multiple People Killed, Hundreds Injured in Connecticut Power Plant Gas Explosion

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100207/ts_nm/us_energy_explosion

:'( :'( :'(

Call me a cynic, but I want to know how many of you suspect affirmative action had something to do with this. I smell a whitey-hating, illiterate [censored] that was appointed to be some sort of big operations manager at this plant. Or, could it have been an act of jihad from a "trusted" Muslim employee?

Dr. Brennan Fan

Quote from: Yahoo News
Connecticut gas plant explodes, 2 reported dead
By Michelle McLaughlin – 41 mins ago

MIDDLETOWN, Conn (Reuters) – At least two people died and dozens were feared injured on Sunday when a massive explosion erupted in a gas power plant under construction in Connecticut, police said.
The local CBS station WFSB reported on its website that up to 250 people were feared hurt but this could not be confirmed by other sources. Scores of ambulances and several helicopters rushed to the scene of the Kleen Energy plant on the banks of the Connecticut River.
Medical rescue personnel said two people were dead and at least 100 were injured, four critically, according to the Hartford Courant newspaper website.
A fire official said 51 construction workers were believed to be on site at the time. Some might still be trapped under the rubble, and a search-and-rescue team was trying to find them, he said.
There was no further danger to the public, the official told reporters. Local hospitals were on mass casualty alert.
The explosion happened just before 11:30 a.m. during tests at the plant, a 620 megawatt gas-fired power plant which was due to come online in the summer.
Officer Kevin White of Middletown Police told Reuters there were "mass casualties" but could not give precise details. Firefighter Cliff Seifert confirmed there were numerous casualties.
State emergency official Betsy Hard said local authorities had asked the state for help.
Middletown, a college town, is 23 miles south of the city of Hartford, the state capital.
The explosion was felt as far away as East Haven, a distance of 30 miles, and black smoke was visible for miles (km) around.
"I felt the ground shake and thought a tree had fallen nearby," said Ethan Goller, who at the time was working in his garage in Ivoryton, 20 miles from Middletown.
(Reporting by Alan Elsner, Tori Clarke, Dan Trotta, Ros Krasny; Writing by Alan Elsner; Editing by Doina Chiacu)

Convoy of ambulances prepares to take the numerous trauma victims to hospitals

Offline rhayat1

• Full JTFer
Re: Explosion at Connecticut Power Plant Causes Mass Casualties
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 01:24:50 PM »
Judging from the article, I would have to conclude that --- we can't suspect anything at this current juncture in time.  That is to say, the present...

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Explosion at Connecticut Power Plant Causes Mass Casualties
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 02:06:09 PM »
I am very suspicious about explosions and the causes, with so many terrorists trying to bring us down!