Author Topic: "Al Qaeda in Iraq leader killed"  (Read 3986 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
"Al Qaeda in Iraq leader killed"
« on: May 01, 2007, 10:52:43 PM »
I swear that Reuters can't even put together a headline with proper English.

Arab muslim nazi lunatics own the majority of Reuters now... and you can tell. Does that headline make sense to you?

Al Qaeda in Iraq leader killed: Interior Ministry
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSL0169719520070501

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Ayyub al-Masri, was killed on Tuesday in an internal fight between militants north of Baghdad, the Interior Ministry spokesman said.

Brigadier-General Abdul Kareem Khalaf told Reuters "we have definite intelligence reports that al Masri was killed today".

Another source in the ministry also said Masri had been killed. Khalaf said Iraqi and U.S. forces were not involved.

There has been increasing friction between Sunni Islamist al Qaeda and other Sunni Arab insurgent groups in Iraq, particularly over al Qaeda's indiscriminate killing of civilians.

Masri, an Egyptian, assumed the leadership of al Qaeda in Iraq after Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed in a U.S. air strike in June 2006.

Iraqi officials have blamed al Qaeda in Iraq for destroying a holy Shi'ite shrine in Samarra a year ago, an act that unleashed a surge in sectarian bloodletting that has driven Iraq closer to all-out civil war.

The U.S. military has described Masri, also known as Abu Hamza al-Muhajir, as a close Zarqawi associate. Washington has a $5 million bounty on Masri's head.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 11:56:05 PM by jeffguy »
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
Re: "Al Qaeda in Iraq leader killed"
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 11:30:39 PM »
It makes perfect sense.

"Al Qaeda in Iraq" is the name of the Arab Muslim Nazi terrorist group. Their leader was killed, according to the Iraqi information ministry.

Don't let your prejudgments mislead you into making half-baked assertions that only decrease your credibility. The writing on Reuters and the AP (Arab Press) and CNN (the Clinton News Network) is still light-years ahead of most rubbish on the internet, including much of this forum. And I say that as a longtime fan of JTF.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 12:01:44 AM »
It makes perfect sense.

"Al Qaeda in Iraq" is the name of the Arab Muslim Nazi terrorist group. Their leader was killed, according to the Iraqi information ministry.

Don't let your prejudgments mislead you into making half-baked assertions that only decrease your credibility. The writing on Reuters and the AP (Arab Press) and CNN (the Clinton News Network) is still light-years ahead of most rubbish on the internet, including much of this forum. And I say that as a longtime fan of JTF.

I'm not so sure about that... there are a lot of blogs out there that kick the nazi, anti-Israel pieces of Reuters excrement into the ground.

And Reuters has been the WORST for false reporting.

And how, exactly, is it that I have decreasing credibility? I'd like to hear this one.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 12:16:22 AM »
I was speaking merely of your objection to the headline on a grammatical basis.

I hoped to make it clear from the acronyms which I supplied that I share your contempt for the media, whose left-wing, anti-white, anti-American, anti-Israel bias JTF pointed out on television more than 15 years ago. But you made the mistake of using the headline, which DOES make sense, and which is indeed proper English, as a platform from which to launch your argument. And when you launch yourself from a bad platform, you inevitably put yourself on the defensive, and lose credibility for your cause in the process.

The only truly bad English which I've ever seen on the newswires is when freelance non-English-speaking photographers, whose photographs are sometimes picked up for publication, write their own captions.

ftf

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 12:43:06 PM »
I agree with Jeffguy on this one, the headline does not make much sense, perhaps with the addition of a comma, and an extra word such as "says" instead of the colon, it would be proper English, but as it is...

I would however suggest that this (the poor quality of English) has nothing to do with Arabs or Muslims.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 03:21:24 PM »
Re:  "...(the poor quality of English) has nothing to do with Arabs or Muslims..."

Today, newspaper editors insist on the headlines creating confusion and sensationalism.

They've no interest whatsoever in the truth or facts; their only concern being selling more than their competition.

Prior to "going to press", the editors will either compose their own mangled headlines for a story, or suggest that the journalist change it as directed.

This is is the reason for these garbled headline grabbers...intentionally designed to be misinterpreted through syntactical misplacement of adjectives, subject, verb, & objects.

We no longer have news.

We now have "infotainment".

ftf

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 03:35:28 PM »
Re:  "...(the poor quality of English) has nothing to do with Arabs or Muslims..."

Today, newspaper editors insist on the headlines creating confusion and sensationalism.

They've no interest whatsoever in the truth or facts; their only concern being selling more than their competition.

Prior to "going to press", the editors will either compose their own mangled headlines for a story, or suggest that the journalist change it as directed.

This is is the reason for these garbled headline grabbers...intentionally designed to be misinterpreted through syntactical misplacement of adjectives, subject, verb, & objects.

We no longer have news.

We now have "infotainment".
I do get what your saying, but I would say that it is a bit of a generalisation, I think that there is still some real news out there, even if half of the one time news providers are now infotainment providers.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 07:12:57 PM »
It seems like, most of the time, it should be called crapotainment.

That's why JTF is so important... we all want the truth.