Author Topic: Best site where it shows you how to speak and type Hebrew  (Read 496 times)

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Best site where it shows you how to speak and type Hebrew
« on: February 16, 2010, 04:33:09 PM »
This is for my old friend's little brother who wants to learn Hebrew. He's a 13 year old Jewish boy living in America. He's father is Jewish but he married a Christian wife. He hasn't had his barmitsfa (not spelt right) yet and told me he really wants it even if it's late but his parents won't let him. Oh and any other site to help him learn how to be Jewish? He thinks that where his father was born in Latvia is his homeland and that Gaza wall is stopping Jews from living in Israel. I told him to go to a synagogue and speak to a Rabbi but he told me it was a woman.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Best site where it shows you how to speak and type Hebrew
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »
A non-Jew doesn't need to have a Bar Mitzvah... If his mother is not Jewish he should consider following the Noachide laws. Either that or he should go through a conversion to Judaism... It makes no sense to give a non-Jew a Bar Mitzvah if he has no idea what a mitzvah is....

I would recommend that he seek out an Orthodox Rabbi who can explain to him how this works... I certainly encourage him, if he is truly interested in being Jewish, to convert.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 04:46:21 PM »
Once again I look like a complete idiot.  :'(
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 05:10:16 PM »
Once again I look like a complete idiot.  :'(

Don't feel bad, you just didn't know.   I don't think you looked like an idiot at all.