Author Topic: What kind of Kipa did Rabbi Kahane Wear  (Read 664 times)

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
What kind of Kipa did Rabbi Kahane Wear
« on: February 18, 2010, 08:49:59 PM »
I want one.

Thanks So Much
and g-d bless anyone who responds.

Moshe92

Re: What kind of Kipa did Rabbi Kahane Wear
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 08:56:51 PM »

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 10:52:26 PM »
http://www.israel-gifts-flowers.com/art-judaica/big_picture.asp?product_pic_name=3450&product_id=230

I'm not sure if it's the exact same kind, but it's similar.

I think I have seen the great Rabbi wearing some black velvet or suede kippot as well.  I have heard that the knit ones "mean" you support Right-wing politics"...  only through passing conversation during a weekly Torah study I attend.

Unless others knew the great Rebbe personally, Chaim might have the 1st person insight as an observer.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 11:04:27 PM »
http://www.israel-gifts-flowers.com/art-judaica/big_picture.asp?product_pic_name=3450&product_id=230

I'm not sure if it's the exact same kind, but it's similar.

I think I have seen the great Rabbi wearing some black velvet or suede kippot as well.  I have heard that the knit ones "mean" you support Right-wing politics"...  only through passing conversation during a weekly Torah study I attend.

Unless others knew the great Rebbe personally, Chaim might have the 1st person insight as an observer.

Yes, the knit kippah {which I wear} sometimes indicates a right winger...

http://www.jewishmag.com/122mag/kippa%5Ckippa.htm

The kippah is a defining symbol of Jewish identity. In the religiously, culturally, and ethnically diverse regions of the Jewish Diaspora, kipppot are often worn as outward symbols of Jewishness. Yet due to the internal diversity of the Jewish people—owing largely to geographical and sectarian/denominational differences—kippot have taken on a multiplicity of appearances and meanings.

In the contemporary world, a Jew may wear a kippah to demarcate theological, social, or even political positions. In Hasidic communities, Jewish men often wear fedoras with large black kippot underneath, representing the Kabbalistic understanding of two levels of the intellect. In Israel, religious Zionists are sometimes called kippot serugat for the knitted head coverings they wear; and in recent years crocheted "Kabbalist" kippot have become popular among Jews with a mystical bent. Most liberal Jews wear kippot only during religious ceremonies, and in many egalitarian congregations women wear kippot to assert their equality with men. [ed: Why would women want to wear mens clothing?]
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 01:19:55 AM »
It looked to me like Rabbi Kahane wore a haredi style kipa from what I have seen, but I guess it's hard to tell in the videos.   The kippa doesn't make the man.

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 02:02:30 PM »
It dose not agreed. But I am still curios and still want one.It is hard to tell in the vids.