Poll

Should Chaim Get a New Background For His Shows?

No. I like it the way it is.
He should get a curtain, but nothing too fancy.
JTF should invest in a very professional background.

Author Topic: Makeover of Chaim's Set  (Read 7322 times)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: Makeover of Chaim's Set
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2007, 11:42:24 PM »
Chaim thinks the look that the show has now may attract some younger viewers who like the "underground look" but he remains open to ideas from people who know more than him about these things. Hear the end of this past week's ASKJTF.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Allen-T

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2007, 11:10:43 PM »
I think the underground look works.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2007, 11:15:47 PM »
In my opinion, the underground look takes away from the marketability in that it caters to young and the rather unstable youths....   Perhaps there could be two show where one is professional and the other marketed to younger focus groups...   ?
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline islamophobe

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2007, 08:04:42 PM »
There is no question that the set needs a makeover. Not just the set. As much as I respect Chaim for his devotion to the Jewish nationalist cause, and him having served time in prison for the plight of Soviet Jews, I am not impressed with his public speaking abilities. The underground look sucks. He should also wear a suit and tie.

This is an example of a good set, and a good speaker:
http://hallindsey.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=131

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2007, 08:40:09 PM »
There is no question that the set needs a makeover. Not just the set. As much as I respect Chaim for his devotion to the Jewish nationalist cause, and him having served time in prison for the plight of Soviet Jews, I am not impressed with his public speaking abilities. The underground look sucks. He should also wear a suit and tie.

The thing that come across the screen when I see Chaim speak is the honesty of his message. I listened to him for years and always felt he was very sincere in his message however seeing him really brings that message home. Chaim in a suit on a buffed up set isn't going to make that message any better. Its seeing Chaim as an honest individual pretenses aside that generates  interest in JTF. Honestly the fellow in the above link in the thousand dollar suit strikes me as a boring fat cat and sort of stuffy. I think for now Chaim and David should not change a thing.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2007, 09:59:16 PM »

I disagree.
I think Chaim is an excellent public speaker.
His has a very human quality about him.
I find that lacking in public personalities today.
I think you are mistaken if you think people need to be all glossed and polished to get a message across.
Unless of course their message is one of self promotion.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Asymmetry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2007, 10:46:52 PM »
I completely disagree.  Usama bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Layth al-Libi and all the rest of the al-Qaida media figures make second rate videos in caves with nothing more than microphones, old army cammo jackets, AK-47s and meaningless messages.  Many people are attracted to their cause the world over from these cut rate productions.  If they can still accomplish their media and recruiting efforts from caves while hiding from Coalition Forces then I think Chaim can sway many with simply his wit and his words standing before America and the flag of his nation.

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2007, 12:51:58 AM »
I completely disagree.  Usama bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Layth al-Libi and all the rest of the al-Qaida media figures make second rate videos in caves with nothing more than microphones, old army cammo jackets, AK-47s and meaningless messages.  Many people are attracted to their cause the world over from these cut rate productions.  If they can still accomplish their media and recruiting efforts from caves while hiding from Coalition Forces then I think Chaim can sway many with simply his wit and his words standing before America and the flag of his nation.

Bin Laden has a media infastrucutre that makes what he does known to the world immeidately.  Bin Laden also committed very visible attacks so he's already famous.  The American media on the other hand deliberately works not give Chaim (lehavdil) a voice, and Chaim ben Pesach is  not a household name yet.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Asymmetry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »

Bin Laden has a media infastrucutre that makes what he does known to the world immeidately.  Bin Laden also committed very visible attacks so he's already famous.  The American media on the other hand deliberately works not give Chaim (lehavdil) a voice, and Chaim ben Pesach is  not a household name yet.

Very true, but the technological infrastructure of as-Sahab is not too much more advanced than that of JTF.  It is at least safe to say that what As-Sahab media has at it's disposal is not unobtainable by JTF.  And I might add that JTF's web forums far surpass any jihadist forum so far as content goes.