Author Topic: Anti-Jewish Workplace?  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Yirmayahu

• Full JTFer
  • Choose you this day whom you will serve!
Anti-Jewish Workplace?
« on: February 23, 2010, 11:40:15 PM »
Need Advice

I work in a hostile workplace; hostile to me because I'm the only one that wears a Kippah and express any sort of moral attitude. My boss has shot me dirty looks since his first day there. He has tried to load me down with impossible chores which I have accomplished with G-d's help. He has three stooges; one Muslim, one Hundu and one Taoist - all of foreign extraction who watch my every move and report back to him. My "hello's to my boss have either gone unanswered or are returned by muffled "hello's" like he does so out of duty, rather than respect. And, last Friday he told me that others had complained that I was abusing bathroom priviledges (exceeding 15 minutes per visit) which is a lie. Nobody else gets this kind of treatment and even some of my associates have admitted that this guy is gunning for me. I feel strongly that he has a problem with Jews, but can't prove it other than his singling me out. Do I have any recourse? Does anyone have advice? Thanks in advance for any help you can give to me....Yirmayahu.

Shalom Y'all....Yirmayahu

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: Anti-Jewish Workplace?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 11:44:00 PM »
I would start looking for another job. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 11:52:03 PM »
Find a good job where they love Jews... I work at a multinational company and I have had no problem... I wear a kippah and tzittzits and beard and peyos and my boss still loves me {I have a Romanian and a Hungarian boss}...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 12:03:54 AM »
Put up your resume on the main job boards like Monster, HotJobs and CareerBuilder.  Also check out Craigslist.org.  Linkedin.com is supposed to be very good too.  It's the business equivalent of Facebook. 

Offline Yirmayahu

• Full JTFer
  • Choose you this day whom you will serve!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 01:26:57 AM »
Yeah, I've been looking for another job for quite a while. A big problem here is that Koranimals like to get into the medical field because they're creatures of opulence and they see pharmacy as a prestigious field. Boy, could I tell stories to refute that...lol. Another problem is that the trade schools have flooded the market with technicians so much so that employers now tell you that if you don't like it there are lines of people waiting to replace us. Anyway, my wife is selling a plot of land down in Mexico, and when it sells we're moving to the southwest. My advice to others is that if you get a Koranimal coworker look for other work because they take over like the roaches that they are, and they have absolutely no sense of morality or justice. Put them together with a boss that looks like a Prussian Aryan schmuck and it spells disaster. I'm seriously considering staying and waiting for this dreck head to make some slip so that I can sue his tuchis into poverty!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Shalom Y'all....Yirmayahu

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 06:39:17 AM »
  I can only say what I would do.

I'd find a clever way of asking if him and I got off to a bad start somehow.  I would explain a good relationship with my boss is something I value.  Perhaps I might ask something along the lines of, "how do you think about "X" I am doing?  What can I do better?"  If I was still treated poorly I would be more certain he was a Judenhasser. [I would carefully document exactly what happens during this interaction, and exactly what is said by him and I] At the same time I might look for other work, but I already think it is a good idea to always be looking for a better/different job...  sharks never stop swimming, even in their sleep [as a consultant I never can stop looking for work either].

I had a friend who was paid by various employers for two years basically for only constantly looking for new jobs, accepting them, and then finding a better place to work quickly without ever doing any real work at his current job. - Much of his success he attributes to a book called, "Getting to Yes", while I am on the subject of his successes.

Good luck.  Trust your eyes and ears.  Never trust a Muslim.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 09:25:52 AM »
Do you have any of your performance reviews saved?  If so, mail them to your home address. 

If you do get let go, you might have some ammo to sue their behinds.