Author Topic: Nissan LEAF - 100% electric powered vehicle  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: Nissan LEAF - 100% electric powered vehicle
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 03:34:53 PM »
Great!  :dance: We need more cars like this to get off of oil completely.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 03:50:23 PM »

Let that arabs drown in their oil. And I mean that literally, not metaphorically.  :dance:
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 07:50:05 PM »

Let that arabs drown in their oil. And I mean that literally, not metaphorically.  :dance:

And while we at it, let's set the oil on fire while they're drowning it in.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 07:54:55 PM »

Not so fast ... First we need an ample  source of electricity that isn't generated by burning oil.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 08:28:49 PM »

That is true. What about owners who do not have a house but live in an apartment? I would be afraid to take that car on a long trip. I wonder how many bugs the car will have when it first hits the market as well

Not so fast ... First we need an ample  source of electricity that isn't generated by burning oil.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 08:51:48 PM »
the problem with electric cars is their very short range

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 09:16:35 PM »
Don't forget charge time. A vehicle that could only get 40 miles might suffice if there were stations everywhere and it took only a minutes or two to charge. It would sure suck to travel long distances that way.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 10:28:47 PM »
Don't forget charge time. A vehicle that could only get 40 miles might suffice if there were stations everywhere and it took only a minutes or two to charge. It would sure suck to travel long distances that way.

You would use a car like this as a commuter car, then either have a second car or rent one for long trips.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 10:31:52 PM »

Very little electricity is produced by oil burning.  About half is coal and about 20% is nuclear with most of the rest in natural gas.  Wind and solar probably combine for 1 or 2%.  A big increase in nuclear combined with running more vehicles on natural gas, along with converting heating oil heated homes to natural gas will put a huge dent in oil consumption.  The bad news is that we will not in the foreseeable future get to where Arab oil is worthless.  The good news is that it could be worth a lot less than it would otherwise be.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 08:44:32 AM »
The world would be wise to prevent the Arab billions being spent in the alternative energy section.  The last thing we need is for these sand-Nazis to piggy back on yet another industry they should not be part of.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 08:46:25 AM »

Where does electricity come from?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 09:15:50 AM »

The flow of electrons from one place to another over a circuit.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 11:00:03 AM »

If you mean the source of electric power, probably 50% is generated in coal burning plants and 20% in nuclear plants with most of the rest coming from natural gas.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 11:11:04 AM »

If you mean the source of electric power, probably 50% is generated in coal burning plants and 20% in nuclear plants with most of the rest coming from natural gas.

All jokes aside (you guys did realize that my first response was a joke, right?) it's closer to 60% from coal. That's why I always get a kick out of hearing environmentalists argue for electric cars as if electricity is clean energy compared to oil. They don't take into consideration the emissions from burning coal to produce electricity.

Electric cars for energy independence from Arab oil, absolutely!

Electric cars for no/low emissions, poppycock. That is unless the large majority of electricity is produced using wind, solar, and hydro power.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 11:33:07 AM »
I think the arab muslims should be the ones to drive electric cars....they do not need the oil, they never would have had the technology to dig for oil if it weren't for us, furthermore they use the oil profits to buy up different Countries ( take over ) and the rest is donated to muslim terrorists for their stinking jihad against the West.

The above mentioned are valid reasons to seize their oil fields.

Offline VladTheImpaler

• Full JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 11:58:43 AM »
Can we Pee in the oil before we set fire to it? :::D :laugh:

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 01:15:45 PM »

All jokes aside (you guys did realize that my first response was a joke, right?) it's closer to 60% from coal. That's why I always get a kick out of hearing environmentalists argue for electric cars as if electricity is clean energy compared to oil. They don't take into consideration the emissions from burning coal to produce electricity.

Electric cars for energy independence from Arab oil, absolutely!

Electric cars for no/low emissions, poppycock. That is unless the large majority of electricity is produced using wind, solar, and hydro power.

In California there was a power producer called Calpine that bragged about staying awy from coal and nuclear power.  However, they purchased power from other sources and I guarantee you there was a large proportion of coal and nuclera in it.  I don't think solar or wind will ever produce that much power.  Nuclear is the best practical alternative.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 02:16:39 PM »
I think this is a great development. The people in non-muslim countries will defeat the Muslims with their brains. And they can do nothing against this.

:)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 02:19:10 PM »
If we only burn fuel from the USA to generate electricity then electric cars: good.
But if we're still using fuels from muslim nations then electric cars are just a joke.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 09:34:12 PM »

You would use a car like this as a commuter car, then either have a second car or rent one for long trips.

What would be nice would be a modular battery or generator setup that was easy to swap. Instead of having to carry two motors at a time, the electric module could be used for commuting and then the gas module could be swapped for longer distances.
I do wonder how fast an electric vehicle could travel if it was powered by a small portable generator.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 11:29:38 PM »
Drill in Alaska already.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 11:36:01 PM »
Drill in Alaska already.

That just seems like a no brainer.  I don't begin to understand the argument against Alaska drilling.  An accident is unlikely, the area of drilling is tiny and even if they do spill oil there who would notice it.  Nobody goes to the ANWAR.