Author Topic: Merciless Missionaries Use Deception to Try To Trick IDF  (Read 1030 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Merciless Missionaries Use Deception to Try To Trick IDF
« on: February 23, 2010, 06:38:19 PM »
The problem of Christian Missionaries operating within the Holy Land is constantly getting worse. Stories like this one from IsraelNationalNews make me livid. If only Israel could expel all these cursed missionaries from the land while getting rid of the arab problem then Israel would be a holy nation, a nation of priests. But these missionaries continue to try to spread their disease. Like Amalek they attempt to fool the weak and the spiritually low Jews. Like Amalek they will be destroyed.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/136171

Missionaries Use Purim to Woo Soldiers
Adar 9, 5770, 23 February 10 11:09
by Gil Ronen

(Israelnationalnews.com) Missionaries in the Ashkelon area used the Purim tradition of handing out baskets of foodstuffs and sweets to try and spread their beliefs to Jewish soldiers. A group of soldiers in compulsory service were on a bus that took their company on a travel excursion. They stopped for a break at Yad Mordechai near Ashkelon when a young couple got on board the bus and began handing out mishlochei manot – the traditional Purim baskets.

“The woman handed out the baskets and the man, who looked like a missionary, began handing out booklets called 'The Book of Zohar', which contain missionary material, to the soldiers,” one of the soldiers told Arutz Sheva's Hebrew service. “My friends and I, a group of Hesder yeshiva students within the company, immediately understood that these are foreign materials.”

"We informed one of the officers that this was missionary material and he collected the books from the soldiers,” he said. The missionaries did not give up, however, and when the bus stopped again, they tried to board it once more to hand out booklets, and had their pictures taken with the soldiers. The religious soldiers asked them to get off the bus and to delete the photographs from their camera.

The soldier said: “Most of the secular soldiers did not understand what the fuss was about. If we hadn't noticed and collected the material there is no way of knowing what confused hands it would have fallen into.” 
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline bobish

• Junior JTFer
Re: Merciless Missionaries Use Deception to Try To Trick IDF
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 09:15:02 PM »
Its good the officer stepped in.

Hopefully, Israel will start to clamp down on the weird folks.
But, at least the IDF seems to get it.

bob

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 05:51:36 AM »
Muman, the only way to rid missionaries is that every Jewish person needs to know the Torah and Talmud or have some remnant of knowledge. Without that knowledge political correctness will be the only thing that will keep the missionaries in israel
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 09:03:18 AM »
$1 solution.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 09:10:37 AM »
 :::D You really need to be a classless boor to push Christianity in ISRAEL. :::D

I know!  Let's all take a trip to Vatican City and pass out Torah, kippot, and matah!  :P
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 09:44:28 AM »
:::D You really need to be a classless boor to push Christianity in ISRAEL. :::D

I know!  Let's all take a trip to Vatican City and pass out Torah, kippot, and matah!  :P

Sounds like a plan.  :::D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 11:43:02 AM »

They wouldn't care they believe in the Torah
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 12:53:39 PM »

I doubt it... They deny the Torah. You know that Torah includes both Written and Oral Torah. The Vatican denies the Talmud, and their understanding of the Torah is severely distorted.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 03:59:04 PM »

I doubt it... They deny the Torah. You know that Torah includes both Written and Oral Torah. The Vatican denies the Talmud, and their understanding of the Torah is severely distorted.

I highly doubt the missionaries passing out the baskets were agents of the Vatican. The first step to putting a stop to something like that is to know exactly what branch of Christianity  is the enemy so to speak and deal with them. The R.C.C is not going to waste time trying to convert 5 or 10 Jews at a time through the passing out of baskets laced with  pamphlets  :::D That sounds like something the door knockers and  various Holy Roller Churches would do. In my experience the church is open to willing converts but they are not going to go out and brain wash people into converting. The Vatican has thousands of visitors each day I am sure a great many of them are not Christian and could be  there passing out all sorts of things in the Vatican City.  Do some research on this and you will see I am correct when I say the RCC does very little of that sort of active proselytizing in non Christian countries.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 04:09:44 PM »
If Christians want to fight for the IDF and live in Israel, that's one thing, but to go about purposely trying to convert is wrong.

Moshe92

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 05:37:38 PM »
CJD is right. I'm not a fan of the Catholic Church, but lets be fair. Most of the Christians who are actively trying to convert Jews are not Catholics.

Offline GodGunsAndGlory

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 09:41:13 PM »
I have pretty good reading comprehension and there is nothing about Christian here, its Kabbalah. Maybe you guys should read and understand before saying others don't understand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 11:11:20 PM »
I have pretty good reading comprehension and there is nothing about Christian here, its Kabbalah. Maybe you guys should read and understand before saying others don't understand.

Kabbalah is Jewish and Missionaries means Christianity. I have never heard of Kabbalists handing out literature. Kabbalists do not try to 'evangelize' anyone.. Apparently they were disguising their Christian material in a book called 'The Book of Zohar'.

The Christian Kabbalah
In the end of the 15th century, in the early days of renascence, Christian scholars began to take interest in the teachings of the Kabbalah and some of the writings were translated to Latin. The scholars saw a resemblance between a few elements in the Kabbalah and basic Christian beliefs and sought out to found those beliefs on the Kabbalah.  This movement attempted in missionary activity, trying to convince Jews to convert to Christianity by proving its authenticity based on the Kabbalah and the Zohar.
The use of the Kabbalah and the Zohar in Christianity, and later in the Shabtaut which was consider heretic, brought many Jewish scholars to go against the teaching and spreading of the esoteric teachings as far as openly objecting it.

BTW, I have never learned any Zohar which supports any Christian ideas... To the contrary...

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:16:56 PM by muman613 »

Offline GodGunsAndGlory

• Full JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 03:27:41 PM »

Kabbalah is Jewish and Missionaries means Christianity. I have never heard of Kabbalists handing out literature. Kabbalists do not try to 'evangelize' anyone.. Apparently they were disguising their Christian material in a book called 'The Book of Zohar'.

The Christian Kabbalah
In the end of the 15th century, in the early days of renascence, Christian scholars began to take interest in the teachings of the Kabbalah and some of the writings were translated to Latin. The scholars saw a resemblance between a few elements in the Kabbalah and basic Christian beliefs and sought out to found those beliefs on the Kabbalah.  This movement attempted in missionary activity, trying to convince Jews to convert to Christianity by proving its authenticity based on the Kabbalah and the Zohar.
The use of the Kabbalah and the Zohar in Christianity, and later in the Shabtaut which was consider heretic, brought many Jewish scholars to go against the teaching and spreading of the esoteric teachings as far as openly objecting it.

BTW, I have never learned any Zohar which supports any Christian ideas... To the contrary...

Seriously, 15th century is a central word in your whole post. Christian Kabbalah=dead for 100s of years. Jewish Kabbalah which is alive and well, the Book of Zohar is its central book.

So please bring up something for proof within the last 100 years next time.