Author Topic: Polish Jewish History  (Read 14777 times)

Kiwi

Re: Polish Jewish History
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 12:22:57 AM »
"fact" than some essay written by someone who never set a foot in Poland. 

That person you are talking about happens to be a Polish Jew.

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2007, 07:15:00 AM »
in the seventeenth centure polish cossacks killed over a million jews.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2007, 01:05:13 PM »
Polish Cossacks? the Cossacks killed Poles as well as jews there were'nt polish Cossacks mainly Russian and Ukrainian
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2008, 02:28:00 PM »

I have posted proof of the fact there were Polish people that were not all Nazi's, have posted pages on this, and other threads. You wish to believe what you want, go ahead.

Read the above posts all of them. Follow the links. No thats alittle too hard now isn't.  ::)

An essay written by an historian is not considered "proof" or "fact".  In fact, the personal experiences of my grandfather and the stories told by the former Jews of Poland bear more "fact" than some essay written by someone who never set a foot in Poland. 

Although this book was written almost 20 years ago, it retains its significance. Its author was one of the last surviving leaders of the Polish Underground state under German Nazi occupation, and was honored at Yad Vashem for his aid to Jews (p. 104). He not only gives a firsthand account of Polish-Jewish relations during WWII, but also traces many mischaracterizations of this history in the American press through 1989. The informed reader can also appreciate how little has changed since then.

Poles have at times been unfairly blamed for segregating Jews into ghettos. In actuality, before WWII, most Jews chose to live apart from Poles. Nor does this self-segregation necessarily imply discrimination by the majority. Korbonski cites the Zionist Jabotinsky (Jabotinski), who compared the self-segregation of Polish Jews to that of Europeans living in Shanghai, China (p. 8).

Before WWII, the National Democrats (the nationalists, Endeks, or Endecks) believed that Poland's Jews were an inimical factor in Polish life owing to the non-assimilated state of most of them, along with their dominance of the economy. But whether or not in agreement with them, one has to recognize that the Endeks or Endecks, contrary to common portrayals, didn't represent the majority of Polish opinion. Korbonski estimates that less than 20% of the Polish population supported them (p. 19).

After WWII, a very disproportionate share of the Communist government forced on Poland was Jewish. In time, many of these Jews emigrated to the US and misrepresented themselves as victims: "The ten years of Jewish rule in Poland could not be easily forgotten. It was an era of the midnight knock at the door, arbitrary arrests, torture, and sometimes secret execution. Most of those responsible for that reign of terror left Poland and upon arrival in the West represented themselves as victims of Communism and anti-Semitism--a claim which was readily believed in the West and earned them the full support of their hosts." (p. 86).

Going further, Korbonski attributes the 1968 purge of Jews from the Polish Communist Party to a Soviet reaction to the Israeli victory in the June 1967 war and to popular Polish support for the Jewish side at the time (p. 85). Polish cardinal Stefan Wyszynski offered a prayer for Israel on June 5, 1967 (p. 92). Among leading Polish émigrés, General Wladyslaw Anders sent a letter of congratulations to Israeli General Moshe Dayan for his brilliant victory, to which Dayan responded favorably (p. 92).

Many recurrent Polonophobic themes, which first started emanating from certain sectors of the American Jewish population decades ago, are addressed and refuted by Korbonski. These include accusations of Polish collaboration with the Germans in the extermination of Poland's Jews, universal Polish indifference to Jews, etc. Again, how disappointingly little has changed since then!

Korbonski shows that there was much more Polish aid to the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising than commonly believed (and infinitely more than shown in Holocaust films!). The Polish Underground not only supplied scarce firearms to the Jewish fighters, but also fought alongside them (p. 59). There were also two unsuccessful attempts by the Polish Underground to blow holes in the walls surrounding the Warsaw Ghetto, both of which ended in the deaths of the attacking Poles. The Polish Underground was responsible for evacuating the Jewish combatants through a tunnel after the fall of the Uprising. One may also be surprised to learn that Mordecai Anieliewicz did not have to commit suicide: An open escape route still existed.

In full candor, Korbonski discusses the rare cases where Poles killed fugitive Jews, and even killed two Jewish commanders in the AK. The perpetrators were a tiny extremist faction within the NSZ (p. 66). More recent evidence suggests that the perpetrators were not the NSZ, and that many fugitive Jews were killed by bandits, some of whom had earlier been recruited by Communist bands (the AL and GL).

Already since the 1960's, Korbonski had been writing letters to newspapers and magazines protesting the use of misleading terms such as "Polish death camps", "Polish gas chambers", etc. Again, how little has changed since then! Korbonski also answered the anti-Polish attacks of Abraham Brumberg (pp. 93-96), Elie Wiesel (p. 117), and others.

Korbonski elaborates on the 1985 anti-Polish film SHOAH, by Claude Lanzmann. Lanzmann used only 9.5 hours out of 350 (p. 115), choosing the scenes that fit his transparent anti-Polish agenda. Following this film, there was a formal Polish-Jewish dialogue (p. 118-on). It seems that little of lasting value was accomplished by it.

Decades ago, arch-Polonophobe Jan Tomasz Gross (Jan T. Gross) had already been writing mendacious attacks on Poland. In his book, THE POLISH SOCIETY UNDER GERMAN OCCUPATION, Jan Thomas Gross made sweeping accusations of the Polish Home Army (AK) being anti-Semitic (what else?), to which Korbonski retorted: "Yet he knew very well that many Jews fought in the ranks of the Home Army, including several officers at its headquarters. Stefan Korbonski responded to that unfounded accusation in his review of Gross' book in the ZESZYTE HISTORYCZNE publication." (p. 93). The informed reader can also appreciate how little has changed since then, as seen in the media's recent lionization of Jan Tomasz Gross and his scurrilous attacks on Poland, as exemplified in his NEIGHBORS and FEAR.

http://www.amazon.com/Jews-Poles-World-War-II/dp/0870525913
http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=14367.msg154603#msg154603
http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=14368.0

This is acounts of two men who had boots on the ground not some polonophobic hersay.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 02:34:45 PM »
Polish Cossacks? the Cossacks killed Poles as well as jews there were'nt polish Cossacks mainly Russian and Ukrainian

ukrainians are as real as Palestinians - Ukraine means border land - they were ethnic Russians, "defenders of Holy Russia and Ortodoxy" alied with muslim Tatars they killed 1/3 of Polish Jews AND THOSUSANDS OF CATHOLIC GENTRY, of course on this forum you can't say that ortodox people were sometimes antisemitic and pro muslim too. It's better to better to blame the Poles.

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 02:46:23 PM »

ukrainians are as real as PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazis - Ukraine means border land - they were ethnic Russians, "defenders of Holy Russia and Ortodoxy" alied with muslim Tatars they killed 1/3 of Polish Jews AND THOSUSANDS OF CATHOLIC GENTRY, of course on this forum you can't say that ortodox people were sometimes antisemitic and pro muslim too. It's better to better to blame the Poles.

A Cossack i know considers some Jews (the so-called "oligarchs" for example, but primarily muslims-monsters) as enemies.
Especially the horror under Lenin, that almost eradicated his people ,  is attributed to the Jews.

Some Cossack-regiments of the Red Army defected to the Nazis, and were immediately used as SS-troops against the soviets.

Anyway, I hope all Catholic-Orthodox fighting ever ends.
But in some countries this is Utopia. :'(

The hate that Poles have for Russians and Germans, or the hate Serbs have for Croats, is a feeling I share.

I have the same hate towards muslims, and the hords of turd-world-illegals

« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 02:47:54 PM by Ambiorix »
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 03:05:58 PM »
We don't hate Russian people but opressive mongolian style russian goverment from times of white tzars to red ones and back, the Germans are diffrent matter, we hate the Prussians not "good" Germans from Rhine, Alsace or Bavaria, It's like the mural from Stalingrad: Never Forgive, Never Forget

Love your Enemy

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 03:08:02 PM »
We don't hate Russian people but opressive mongolian style russian goverment from times of white tzars to red ones and back, the Germans are diffrent matter, we hate the Prussians not "good" Germans from Rhine, Alsace or Bavaria, It's like the mural from Stalingrad: Never Forgive, Never Forget

I met some Poles on youtube - typically Jew-haters- that hated Russians.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Kiwi

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 08:13:29 PM »

There are many dropkicks in this world, and the internet is a great breeding ground of wannabes.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2008, 08:13:57 PM »

There are many dropkicks in this world, and the internet is a great breeding ground of wannabes.
That it is .

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 06:51:54 AM »
Yes they're some on StørmFrønt, right beside the topics about "great Prussian astronomer" Copernicus :D or hailing hitler and SS. they're Serbs there too along the threads about heroic croats from Jasenovac and Thompson... some people are cursed by mental ilness called antisemtism... they will join anybody who hate the JOOS too: nazis, muslims stallinist comies it's no matter to them. Rascals and Idiots just like KKK guys in states.   

Love your Enemy

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2008, 11:19:04 PM »
I stand by what my grandfather told me that the Polish were just as bad as the nazis. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2008, 11:27:56 PM »
I'm a Polish Jew...  :)

I remember once (in '05, I believe it was) a sort of older Polish lady (not Jewish) saw my name (my last name is very Polish-Jewish-sounding), and and asked me what Nationality the name was.  So I said "Polish," and she asked me what I thought of the new  Pope...  ;D

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2008, 12:07:23 AM »

I remember once (in '05, I believe it was) a sort of older Polish lady (not Jewish) saw my name (my last name is very Polish-Jewish-sounding), and and asked me what Nationality the name was.  So I said "Polish," and she asked me what I thought of the new  Pope...  ;D

:::D :::D :::D :::D

What did you tell her?

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2008, 12:09:47 AM »

What did you tell her?
I said, "Well, actually, I'm Jewish (I was not frum yet at the time, so I wan't wearing a Yarmulke).
And then she said, "But I thought you said you were Polish?..."  ::)

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2008, 12:39:17 AM »

What did you tell her?
I said, "Well, actually, I'm Jewish (I was not frum yet at the time, so I wan't wearing a Yarmulke).
And then she said, "But I thought you said you were Polish?..."  ::)

Arh dear me,  :D

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2008, 07:59:35 PM »
I always thought that Poland was behind the Jewish people.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2008, 08:02:27 PM »
Yes putting a knife in their back!
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2008, 03:47:24 AM »
Yes putting a knife in their back!

That's funy CJD, Jews must be real masochists to came into Poland from "tolerant" countries like Spain, England, France, Scotland who kicked out their Jews regulary. So after 800 years of "traditional Polish anti-semtism" we had largest 3 000 000 people diaspora in the world before WWII. Even before US tightened its borders in 1929 and Brits imposed restrictions into Palestinian Mandate only tiny minority choosed to leave this horrible country. ::)   

Love your Enemy

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2010, 05:12:52 PM »
This is an interesting post about the history of Polish Jews.