Author Topic: Did you go to public school? What did they tell you about Israel? My experience.  (Read 708 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
I don't know how many of you went to a public school when you were younger but I'm curious if your school spoke about Israel or the situation in the middle east? Was it in favor or against?

I went to public schools in cook county Illinois (suburb of Chicago) and I'd say much of it was bad.

My first teacher was a Jewish German lady who was blonde hair/blue eyed, she spoke unfavorably about Roosevelt stating that he was responsible for deaths in her family not being able to come to the United States.

She also spoke about Israel saying it was a state the size of New Jersey and I remember her saying something like the Palestinians are forced to live in a tiny region of a state the size of New Jersey and it was apartheid if I remember.

In High School, I had a teacher that flew helicopters in vietnam, he taught World History and I thought he would be a good teacher, we watched videos about Sumeria and Babylon, the Greeks, Egyptians, then he started talking about the Israelites and stated that while there is no real evidence of Moses existence and it's possible there was a Jewish presence in Palestine (yeah thats what he called it), that the modern Jews and Christians are not the same people and that the Israelites were a dark black color.

He also said that Israel was a racist state set up on religion.

Those were my experiences in high school. Anyone here go through the same thing? Amazing how public schools are brainwashing people.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
They taught us that Jews and Muslims in Israel lived in separate neighborhoods and that they didn't like each other and it was very sad, and maybe one day they would be friends.

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
My public high school was a joke, they didn't prepare much of anyone for college. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
I think I vaguely remembered being taught that Israel used to be called Pallestine. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
    I had a leftist teacher who divided the class into two halves to debate each other. In my opinion the pro Israel side clearly out debated the anti Israel side, but every time someone made a valid point, the teacher would deny it's veracity with false facts. The only thing he did when pretending to side with Israel was to say that asking Israel to give back it's land was like asking the US to give back their land to the Indians. I remember he had two days of debate. The first debate was whether Israel should exist at all. The second was whether it should give up land. I wish I could come into those debates with what I know now.
   I remember there was a muslim nazi in a class. A real evil person who should have failed out of the school. I don't remember how, but initially he was on the Israel side of the class. The teacher knew that he was Muslim Nazi and asked him if he wanted to move to the Muslim Nazi side, which he did. I was surprised to see from facebook that he actually went to Yeshiva Univeristy. Of course this was for an MD degree rather than a torah degree. It sickens me that Yeshiva University will take in enemies of the Jewish people.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I went to high school in the mid early 90's. Even though my history teacher was a democrat, he never dared to justify territorial suicide for Israel. But that's because at the time justifying terrorism would have been considered racist and anti semetic unlike today. Back then the arabs were the bad guys and anyone who was against Israel was anti semetic
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
I was in high school from 69 to 72.  The six day war was fresh in our minds.  Out teachers were almost all Jewish and pro Israel.  Oddly there was a Greek American teacher who was extremely anti Communist and pro JDL.  I remember him arguing with Jewish kids about that.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
Crowd in my high school was very anti Serb and pro Muslim. I had an A from history class but still do not remember that we even talked about Israel. :o
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
They didnt really teach about Israel in public schools, except to be a 'crusader for little Israel'  thats it.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Moshe92

I go to a public high school in a 30% Jewish city. I could have gone to a religious Jewish high school, but I wasn't interested in becoming religious when I was younger so I decided to go to a public high school. I've never learned anything about Israel in school. Although I know a Jewish kid at my school who brought in an article about Israel when they had to bring in news articles in his Spanish class, and the teacher (who was Hispanic) and the entire class were arguing against him. He was the only pro-Israel person in the class.

Most kids at my school, including Jews, are completely ignorant about Israel. There's a Jewish club at my school that is run by NCSY, and we did an activity in the club where we divided into two teams, and each team had to match different events in Israeli history with the correct year the fastest. My group won of course. The people in the other group thought that the Oslo Accords took place in the 80s even though the card for the event had a picture of Clinton with Rabin and Arafat.