(1/2) > >>

mord:
 :laugh: :laugh:                  http://netwmd.com/blog/ 

03/19/2010
4:02 AM PST
Boycott of Israeli Products at Trader Joe’s in Albuquerque Backfires Big-time
March 18, 2010, 8:10 pm

By Andrew L. Jaffee

I found out about a so-called “boycott” of Israeli products at Trader Joe’s a few weeks ago. Of course, I went straight to the store to buy as many Israeli products as I could get my hands on. Guess what? Most of the Israeli food-stuffs had already sold out. Not really surprising when a “recent poll of American voters shows an astonishing 8-to-1 sympathy for Israel over the Palestinians,” and Bill Clinton stating recently, “I don’t know what we would have done without the Israeli field hospital in Haiti.”

When I asked the manager where I could specifically find Israeli products, he had an associate help me search what was left. As the manager and I talked, he commented, “Funny how these things work out,” regarding this and previous “boycotts.” In fact, a week later, Trader Joe’s had set up an extremely prominent display for Israeli couscous (see below the picture for more info):

[Boycott of Israeli Products at Trader Joe's in Albuquerque Backfires Big-time]
Yeah. That “boycott” was a real success! This Israeli couscous display was put up soon after the “boycott.”

Dr. Dan:
As far as dental and umplant products, Israeli goods are far superior to non Israeli ones. Their ental technology is so amazing that I'm even envious I didn't grow up in Israel with a Jewish Israeli education. Jewish cab drivers in Israel can carry a better intellectual deep conversation better than many doctors in the US!!!!

Ulli:
Great story Mord.

Masha:
I always buy Israeli persimmons in my local store and look for other Israeli produce. But in this example - I don't know. If the customers went and bought all Israeli foodstuffs then didn't they help the store also to make a big sale? Maybe it would have been better to boycott the store altogether?

HiWarp:

--- Quote from: Masha on March 19, 2010, 12:53:17 PM ---I always buy Israeli persimmons in my local store and look for other Israeli produce. But in this example - I don't know. If the customers went and bought all Israeli foodstuffs then didn't they help the store also to make a big sale? Maybe it would have been better to boycott the store altogether?

--- End quote ---

I don't think it was Trader Joe's that was boycotting Israeli products but some idiots calling for a boycott of Israeli products carried by Trader Joe's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version