Author Topic: Question About The Jewish Prayers For the Leaders Of Countries Where They Reside  (Read 602 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Hi everyone,

I understand that Jews are supposed to pray for the leaders of whichever country where they reside.  Does anyone know anything about this?  Does this apply to evil leaders like Obama? 

The reason I ask is because my sister brought up the fact that a rabbi in the Iranian Synagogue where my parents are a member, has been referring to Obama as "that black man."  Now my father is friendly with this rabbi, and my sister says he needs to say something to the rabbi.  She, being an Obama supporter, says it's very disrespectful, and that Jews are supposed to pray for the leaders of the country where they reside. 

Of course I jumped in and said this shouldn't apply to evil leaders like Obama, and that the jug-eared [censored] has already been making race an issue, being that he hates white people.  I also brought up how Obama snubbed Netanyahu, to which my crazy brother in law went on about how Obama will be the best president ever for the Jews.  At that moment were interrupted by a visit from my sister's friend.  So the discussion stopped. 

To the Jews here, what do you think of this whole business about praying for Obama?  Please let me know. 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
It's like praying for for Genghis Khan,Hitler or Stalin imo
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
Jews than have a same rule like we do in our Serbian Church. We pray for leaders of the countries where we live. Maybe our prayers will help and Obama resigns.  :dance:
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
I hope he resigns
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
That scripture: May his days be short and another takes his office. Psalms 109

ח  יִהְיוּ-יָמָיו מְעַטִּים;    פְּקֻדָּתוֹ, יִקַּח אַחֵר.  8

Let his days be few; let another take his charge.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
i dont think this is a Jewish custom...to pray for any leader other then a leader of the Jewish people