Author Topic: Sarah Palin Has Shredded Her Reputation  (Read 1191 times)

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Sarah Palin Has Shredded Her Reputation
« on: March 28, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »
http://action.afa.net/Blogs/BlogPost.aspx?id=2147493020

Elijah Friedeman, the Millennial Perspective

I hate to say this, I really do, but Sarah Palin is methodically shredding the last vestiges of credibility that she had with the average American. In the eyes of many Americans Palin is nothing more than a joke. And now I'm inclined to agree somewhat with them.

I'm probably going to take a lot of flack from Palin supporters for daring to be critical of their hero, but it has to be said. I had high hopes in 2008 when John McCain picked Palin as his running mate. I supported Palin throughout the embarrasing TV interviews, the media scrutiny, the liberal outcry, but now I'm faced with the reality that Sarah Palin isn't willing or ready to be a serious, direction-changing force in the political arena.

I was fine with Palin through all the "scandals" perpetuated by the media. But about the time Palin resigned as governor I did a double take. The self promotion kick she went on did nothing to assuage my uncertain view of her, then the book that catered itself to the part of America that was already in love with her. Instead of a substantial game-changing book that grappled with policy and tough political issues, her book was a folksy, "aw shucks", look at Palin's life. Since then I've had little reason to get excited about Sarah Palin.

And now...a reality TV show airing on TLC? For those not familiar with the channel TLC, it's the network for serious television, highbrow shows like Jon and Kate Plus Eight.

Discovery Communications‘ TLC cable channel has acquired “Sarah Palin’s Alaska,” a documentary series about the former Alaska governor and her state. [...]

“Sarah Palin’s Alaska” was shopped around Hollywood this month by Ms. Palin and Mark Burnett, the producer of “Survivor” and other reality shows, who will be the executive producer.

I want to like Palin, I really do, but I've realized that we need to look for a Reaganesque candidate elsewhere. Palin is too busy cashing in on her popularity among a certain segment of the population to worry about such trivial things as changing America. She will continue to enchant her supporters and enrage her opponents, but don't expect much from her besides that.

What a pity.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
Re: Sarah Palin Has Shredded Her Reputation
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 09:28:31 PM »
So many people feel the same way this writer does, and that in itself, is a pity. I will stand behind her, no matter what she says or does and who knows, maybe by 2012 she will be a huge force to be reckoned with, and when that happens, I hope writers like this, will be blown away by how wrong they were to think this way.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 10:49:54 PM »
So many people feel the same way this writer does, and that in itself, is a pity. I will stand behind her, no matter what she says or does and who knows, maybe by 2012 she will be a huge force to be reckoned with, and when that happens, I hope writers like this, will be blown away by how wrong they were to think this way.

Good luck with that when Jim Demint pushes her out of the way.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 08:43:20 AM »
You might be right CK and I'll have to support him, but I guess it's a wait and see kind of thing huh?
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane