Author Topic: Obama's born-in-USA mandate  (Read 575 times)

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Obama's born-in-USA mandate
« on: April 20, 2010, 07:18:45 PM »
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=142289

You had to search deep down in the 40-some pages of responses to find it. It was nowhere to be found in the reporting on the poll.

This was a non-story for the New York Times and CBS and every other news organization that looked at the results.

After more than two years of virtual media blackout on any of the serious unanswered questions about Obama's inability or unwillingness to prove his constitutional eligibility for office, a resounding 58 percent of Americans think he was born in the USA.

I repeat: They think he was born in the USA.

Of course, that 58 percent includes the combined staffs of the New York Times, CBS News, Fox News, CNN (since the departure of Lou Dobbs), MSNBC, the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, the Associated Press and all those permitted to attend the White House Correspondents Association Dinner this year. Given the number of times Bill O'Reilly has refuted the possibility that anyone could have any legitimate concern about Obama's eligibility, I'm guessing he voted five or six times in this poll.

After all of the unequivocal denouncements and ridicule of "birthers" and the absolute refusal even to entertain a serious discussion of this issue, only 58 percent of Americans polled by CBS and the New York Times think he was born in America. I wonder how many would have replied they are certain. I'm pretty sure O'Reilly and Glenn Beck would still be out on that limb along with Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann. But the air of certainty is a lot thinner than thinking he was born in the U.S.

And certainty, of course, is what all Americans should have at this late date when it comes to the constitutional eligibility of their president. It shouldn't be a matter of guessing. It shouldn't be a matter of opinion. It should be a matter determined by absolute proof.

By the way, fully 20 percent of Americans polled said they believe Obama was born in another country. Now, I have to tell you, as one of those characterized as a leader of the "birther" movement, I would not have answered that way. I would have answered the way another 23 percent of Americans did – I don't know.

This is the first time a major U.S. media poll has asked about the eligibility question. But look at the way it was done! It's a shockingly biased question. Can you believe that shoddy question from the so-called "newspaper of record" and the network of Edward R. Murrow? Who cares what people think about where the president was born. The question is whether they are satisfied the president has proven he is constitutionally eligible. Ask the question that way and you will get a much closer poll – as WND learned when first asking this question in a scientific poll last June.

But, I would suggest to you, the goal of the CBS/New York Times Poll was not to get disagreement on this issue. The goal was to get unanimity – to prove that only a few fringe, wacko characters like me believed there were still unanswered questions.

There's one other thing you should notice about this poll. There's an obvious arithmetic problem when you add the totals up and get 101 percent, which leaves the distinct possibility only 57 percent of Americans polled actually think he's born in America.

But there's more to this poll than meets the eye.

It turns out, when you read the responses to the rest of the questions, this is a remarkably Obama-friendly sampling. Obama's positives are much higher than other recent comparable polls. His negatives are much lower. This is a group that gives Obama a 50 percent approval rating. That's not an approval rating he has seen in other polls in recent months.

I've been saying since last summer that half the country has grave doubts about Obama – not just about the birth certificate, but about who he truly is. They are wondering why he is hiding his birth certificate, why he is hiding his school records, why he is hiding his college records, why he is hiding his travel records, why he is hiding his medical records.

And, most of all, I suspect, they are getting very suspicious about why the so-called "watchdogs" in the press show curiosity and concern only about those who ask the president to stop stonewalling and start living up to his pledge to run the most open and transparent administration in history.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Obama's born-in-USA mandate
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 10:28:40 AM »
58% who believe he is legit is a farce!  Most people know something is terribly wrong about Obama's ideology and policies. His citizenship explains it.