Author Topic: The Franklin Graham Double Standard  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
The Franklin Graham Double Standard
« on: April 29, 2010, 06:35:52 PM »
http://action.afa.net/Blogs/BlogPost.aspx?id=2147493671

Elijah Friedeman, the Millennial Perspective

I want to preface this blog by saying that I believe radical Islam is evil. Quite frankly I believe that any form of Islam is wrong. And I don't want to just pick on Islam. Believers of any other religion besides Christianity are living in sin; they are evil. This isn't a popular teaching nor is it a position that will win you friends, but it is the very position presented in the bible. If you don't believe in Jesus as your personal savior, you're living in sin.

The latest fiasco involving Franklin Graham being dis-invited from praying at an event being held at the Pentagon on the National Day of Prayer has produced ripples throughout the Evangelical community in particular and the nation as a whole. The about face by the Pentagon stems from comments Graham made calling Islam an "evil and wicked religion". Understandably Muslims are incensed by these comments, and consequently Franklin Graham lost his opportunity to pray at the Pentagon.

In the midst of this outcry of Christians against the Pentagon's decision, we should bear in mind that if a Muslim leader had called Christianity an evil religion and was then invited to pray at the Pentagon, there would be an uprising of Christians condemning the military for its perceived support of radical Islam. So despite the fact that I believe the Pentagon erred in its decision to dis-invite Graham, I think we as Christians should look at the decision from an opposing viewpoint.

If Christians want to maintain the point of view that Graham should be allowed to pray at the event, then we should not throw a temper tantrum the next time a Muslim Imam, who calls Christianity evil and wrong, is invited to speak at an official, government-sponsored event. We should not hold this double standard against Muslims or any other religion for that matter.

Graham unabashedly shared his biblical-based views about Islam for all to hear. And he should be prepared to face the consequences of his words whether just or not. Personally, I think the Pentagon should reverse course and allow Graham the opportunity to pray, but if the Pentagon relents and acquiesces to our request, then we should be prepared to see an Imam who preaches against Christianity invited to pray at a later date.

This may seem crazy or radical to some readers, but this is the reality of living with a free, religiously-neutral government.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: The Franklin Graham Double Standard
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 04:58:53 PM »
For every inch we give up, they will take a mile.   Christians should have screamed louder!