Author Topic: The chill out topic  (Read 6369 times)

ftf

The chill out topic
« on: May 09, 2007, 04:06:49 PM »
The idea of this topic is for people to talk about whatever is on there mind at the moment, and whatever they're doing at the moment, for instance, how has your day been? What are you doing right now?

Right now I'm listening to: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fwN5jbeIbBw (nice tune even if I don't quite agree with the lyrics) and attempting to write my long promissed article about what Islam says about other religions. I'm also slightly nervous about my upcoming exams.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 04:10:32 PM by ftf »

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: The chill out topic
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 05:47:03 PM »
Studying for exams.  >:(

But for a change of pace I managed to register on JTF's Hebrew Forum. It's incredible, Chaim ben Pesach is an ACTIVE poster there (over 700 posts!). He has great debates with people there and it's just gold. No wonder their forum already has over 400 ppl. The guys there seem very nice, all gave me a warm welcome even though I was posting in English.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

ftf

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 05:51:34 PM »
I don't even know the hebrew alphabet, let alone any hebrew words, so I wouldn't be able to understand anyting if I joined the hebrew forum. I don't therefore see any point.

Imerica

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 06:35:39 PM »
I'm feeling really good today. :D I've just finished preparing dinner for my family and will finish cleaning our carpet with our Rug Doctor. If no one here has it, you should get it because it actually works...the cleaning solutions it comes with are awesome!

When I'm done, I'll pick up my 16 year old from softball practice and attend my Academic Strategies class. I'm really proud of the "B" I've earned in that class; as well as the "A" I'm earning in my Child Development class. :D :D :D

Later on I plan to spend some quality time with my family, teaching my girls how to jump double-dutch is a lot of fun. AND I'll be happy once my husband comes home. :D I love him half to death and appreciate him so much for what he does for us on a daily basis.

Sorry this turned out to be bloggy. :D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 06:41:20 PM »
I don't even know the hebrew alphabet, let alone any hebrew words, so I wouldn't be able to understand anyting if I joined the hebrew forum. I don't therefore see any point.

want me to teach you how to read if you live nearby?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 06:42:33 PM »
really exhausted from work and being out late last night. Gonna eat some chinese (vegetable dumplings and mooshoo vegetables with brown rice)..healthy!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

ftf

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 06:44:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure you've said that you live in america, I live in the UK, quite the opposite of nearby, besides I don't haven the time at the moment.

Anyway, I'm going to bed, goodnight everyone.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 06:54:57 PM by ftf »

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 07:11:22 PM »
I'm getting ready for work tomorrow and listening to music.

Allen-T

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 07:21:43 PM »
I have been listing on ebay all day and I am now working on getting 60min. of Take Back America edited and posted by tomorrow. I stopped at one point today and played a live Led Zeppelin CD of the 1977 Presence Tour VERY LOUD. Nobody's Fault But Mine is a great Zep tune!!!

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 09:22:20 PM »
I need to find a new job!

Allen-T

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 09:23:58 PM »
I need to find a new job!

me too.

ftf

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 06:24:01 PM »
I'm trying to decide whether I should tyry and write the second part of my "what does islam say about other religions" article before bed.

Allen-T

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 08:22:31 PM »
I'm trying to decide whether I should tyry and write the second part of my "what does islam say about other religions" article before bed.

You like nightmares? ;D

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 12:47:14 AM »

You like nightmares? ;D

Very clever. LOL
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 01:47:08 AM »
Right now I'm wondering why I'm still up at this hour and I have Matisyahu's
"Indestructible" stuck in my head.  Must...think...of...another...song...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 09:44:35 AM »
I'm feeling really good today. :D I've just finished preparing dinner for my family and will finish cleaning our carpet with our Rug Doctor. If no one here has it, you should get it because it actually works...the cleaning solutions it comes with are awesome!

When I'm done, I'll pick up my 16 year old from softball practice and attend my Academic Strategies class. I'm really proud of the "B" I've earned in that class; as well as the "A" I'm earning in my Child Development class. :D :D :D

Later on I plan to spend some quality time with my family, teaching my girls how to jump double-dutch is a lot of fun. AND I'll be happy once my husband comes home. :D I love him half to death and appreciate him so much for what he does for us on a daily basis.

Are you an elementary school teacher?

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 10:40:22 AM »
Right now I'm wondering why I'm still up at this hour and I have Matisyahu's
"Indestructible" stuck in my head.  Must...think...of...another...song...

At least you don't have that "Milli Vanilli" song "Blame It On The Rain" song stuck in your head because your co-worker thought it would be funny to play it in a phone message on your phone. LOL

I mean... Milli Vanilli?? That's brutal... mean even.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2007, 11:23:46 AM »
I signed up on the hebrew forum and managed to activate my account. My progress faltered after that point.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2007, 11:39:23 AM »
Hey, what happened to your sis Hajar?

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 05:21:21 PM »
Who likes my new avatar?  ;D ;D ;D

spent a while trying to find a different one to the ones you guys have...

ftf

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 05:48:12 PM »
It looks great, I'd like to have an avatar, but I just can't manage to think of something appropriate.

Imerica

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2007, 07:01:03 AM »

Are you an elementary school teacher?
I'm not a teacher yet, that's why I'm attending school now. In 4 years I will be. :)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 12:41:21 PM »
So what happened with the education you had as a child?

Imerica

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2007, 09:27:09 PM »
So what happened with the education you had as a child?
Can you ellaborate on the question, Sarah?

Imerica

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 07:35:56 PM »
I'm boosting up this thread for Sarah to answer a question.

Sarah, I'm not sure what you were asking me in your last response. Could you ellaborate?