Author Topic: The chill out topic  (Read 6370 times)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: The chill out topic
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2007, 11:24:58 AM »
From what i've heard so far you seem to be a mother of more then one child with one of your children being 16 years old. Even If you had that child at an age of 25 you would definitly be over 35 or middleaged?

You're studing child development and want to become a teacher quite later on in your life and are having to do further education to become one. So, what happened to your childhood education, at secondary? Or even Uni? Did it all go to waste or didn't it comply with your "ambitions"?

Or maybe thats how it works in America?

Imerica

Re: The chill out topic
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2007, 01:30:16 PM »
From what i've heard so far you seem to be a mother of more then one child with one of your children being 16 years old. Even If you had that child at an age of 25 you would definitly be over 35 or middleaged?

You're studing child development and want to become a teacher quite later on in your life and are having to do further education to become one. So, what happened to your childhood education, at secondary? Or even Uni? Did it all go to waste or didn't it comply with your "ambitions"?

Or maybe thats how it works in America?

First of all, my 15 and 16 year old daughters are my stepdaughters. My husband was 17 when they were concieved. I didn't have my first biological child until I was 21 and my husband an I were married. My oldest child is soon to be 12 which would make me 33 years old.

Second, I'm not old by a long shot. By the time I've recieved my Associate of Science in Education Paraprofessional and Bachelor's in Education (I'll be an Elementary English teacher), I'll be 37.

I didn't waste my life at all. After I graduated high school and attended college the first year I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do. While in my confusion, I found that I couldn't afford to keep going to college so I dropped out and started working. 2 years later, I'd get married, start a family, travel the world with my husband and girls, attend other colleges and finally I'm at a point where I know what to do professionally. :)

So as far as what  happend to my 'childhood education @ secondary or University', I graduated from elementary school when I was supposed to (1988) and I graduated high school when I was supposed to (1992).

I am the mother of 5 girls; 3 being my biological children and two being my stepdaughters. I'm proud of them, my husband for being man enough to take care of them all their lives, and myself for being a good mom and role model for them to never give up on education.