Author Topic: RosettaStone?  (Read 8117 times)

Offline rebel_conservative

• Full JTFer
RosettaStone?
« on: April 26, 2010, 06:59:51 AM »
Has anyone used RosettaStone software for learning Hebrew - or any other language?

I want to learn Hebrew so I can study for my phD, something related to Kahanism or the issue of transfer in Israeli politics most likely.

I went through a demonstration the other day, it looks like a very good product, with lots of different exercises and it even analyses your performance, setting different tasks for you and it comments on your pronunciation, with a voice-print to show you how to say words correctly.  It is quite pricey though.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Re: RosettaStone?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 12:29:31 PM »
I got RosettaStone for Irish and it was completly crap. Way overpriced. Luckly I had 30 days to return it.  ;D
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 05:57:34 AM »
really? :(

what did you not like about it?

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 06:41:50 AM »
It was worse than any library language program but with a price tag of €400 per box set. The freaking program was actually worse because they treated you like a child. Silly stupid things really and I wasn't' learning squat. So when I returned this filth I went to my library and got a much better box set on loan for 3 weeks which cost me nothing.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 07:55:46 AM »
It was worse than any library language program but with a price tag of €400 per box set. The freaking program was actually worse because they treated you like a child. Silly stupid things really and I wasn't' learning squat. So when I returned this filth I went to my library and got a much better box set on loan for 3 weeks which cost me nothing.

hmm, I will reconsider, may ask for someone to take me through it a bit more in the store.
thanks for the info
:)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 08:57:54 PM »
I bought it used off a friend level 1. I wasn't as helpful as they make it out to be. It's better then nothing but a 1 on 1 study partner is much much better. I lerned more from Ulpan and living in Israel for 9 months then I learned from Rosetta Stone.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh