Author Topic: Behind Bars: Suntanned Women To Be Jailed in Iran  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Behind Bars: Suntanned Women To Be Jailed in Iran
« on: May 06, 2010, 03:56:35 PM »
http://www.care2.com/causes/womens-rights/blog/behind-bars-suntanned-women-to-be-jailed-in-iran/

You'd think I was making this stuff up, but sadly I'm not.

In an effort to enforce the highly conservative values of Iranian law – like women being covered from head to toe – religious and now police officials are cracking down on women's behavior.

Tehran police chief, Brig Hossien Sajedinia, has expressed concern over "suntanned women and young girls who look like walking mannequins."

"The public expects us to act firmly and swiftly if we see any social misbehavior by women, and men, who defy our Islamic values," he said."We are not going to tolerate this situation and will first warn those found in this manner and then arrest and imprison them."

National law requires women to wear headscarves and shape shrouding cloaks, but Islamic leadership argue that many women, particularly those in the capital, are defying the law and apparently in doing so they are not only getting tans, but causing earthquakes.

Islam leaders often intensify their scrutiny over women's dress in the summers when women are found breaking dress codes to escape the oppressive heat. With the sun beating down all day and temperatures in the mid-90s, being covered from head to toe at all times is incredibly uncomfortable.

Do women deserve arrest and imprisonment for simply trying to escape the heat? Should women be sequestered indoors because of the strict dress codes inflicted on them?

I certainly think not.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: Behind Bars: Suntanned Women To Be Jailed in Iran
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 02:54:59 PM »
I believe Iran is an insane country ruled by an insane leader.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision