Born-Again Protestant
Catholic
Other type of Christian
Stinky Muslim
Buddhist/Hinud/other Far Eastern Religion
Noahide
"I don't believe in religions"
Other

Author Topic: What is everyone's religion? Poll  (Read 15316 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Re: What is everyone's religion? Poll
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2007, 07:09:23 PM »
Roman Catholic
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2007, 11:37:12 AM »
Ok sarah no need to comment on others religion.You like judaism fine but dont hate other religion like christanity,hinduism,buddhism  etc.You see this the diffrence between non muslims and muslims.We are tolerant and they are not i can go anywhere and pray to any G-d because i know G-d is everywhere.The blood of muslims boil when they see a temple or a church dont become like them and respect all religion

I do not hate Christianity at all nor buddhism because they don't worship idols. Neither do i hate hinduism,, i am completely tolerable of the religion and hindus contribute positively to most things. WHY ARE YOU GOING ON ABOUT MUSLIMS!!? I'm not one and you don't have to remind me about their intolerance. I don't understand your ideology of God! Maybe if you tried explaining it, it would help....

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2007, 12:33:54 PM »
I'm a searching agnostic Jew.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2007, 12:37:17 PM »

What do you need to convince you? Are you searching to overcome doubt yourself? :)

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »

What do you need to convince you? Are you searching to overcome doubt yourself? :)

Yes, you can say that. I'm a former peacenick who has drastically changed my views over the past few years as a result of what's been happening in Israel and because of my experiences with anti-zionist jews. They are actually the ones that are more responsible for pushing me more to the right than JTF.

For me personally, I don't find it so easy to come up with simple opinions and solutions for complex issues. I am constantly looking at both sides of the issue and my views can change based on what I read, view, and experience.

Imerica

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2007, 02:08:50 PM »
I'm a Christian woman currently looking for a church home.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 02:11:05 PM by Imerica »

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2007, 09:18:07 AM »

Yes, you can say that. I'm a former peacenick who has drastically changed my views over the past few years as a result of what's been happening in Israel and because of my experiences with anti-zionist jews. They are actually the ones that are more responsible for pushing me more to the right than JTF.

For me personally, I don't find it so easy to come up with simple opinions and solutions for complex issues. I am constantly looking at both sides of the issue and my views can change based on what I read, view, and experience.

Thats exactly the position i'm in and because my opinions keep changing i sometimes wonder if there is any truth at all!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2007, 10:20:14 AM »

Thats exactly the position i'm in and because my opinions keep changing i sometimes wonder if there is any truth at all!

Sarah, the only truth in this universe is G-d... Everything else in the world are -isms.  And -isms are only good in the hands of rational people even if they are different -isms.  Note, there is no such thing as Islamism..it's just Islam...so there is no truth in Islam.  But there is Judaism, Protestantism, Catholocism, Hinduism..therefore, if one chooses to follow one those truths and they are rational people...it's all good..:)
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2007, 10:23:26 AM »
I wish it worked that way but it doesn't. Yes there is definity a GOD but nearly all the -isms contradict themselves and clash on a hell of a lot of issues. You can't just turn a blind eye to these contradictions and logical answers don't come as easy when you are trying to work out the almost fairy-tale like stories regarding the prophets and miracles.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2007, 10:32:27 AM »
I wish it worked that way but it doesn't. Yes there is definity a G-d but nearly all the -isms contradict themselves and clash on a hell of a lot of issues. You can't just turn a blind eye to these contradictions and logical answers don't come as easy when you are trying to work out the almost fairy-tale like stories regarding the prophets and miracles.

Sarah, there are so many nations in the world. And each nation looks at the same building. But each corner of the building has a different color. If one nation says the building is white, from their angle, it is true..But anothe rnation will on one side and see it is black..and in fact it is black.  Both are correct.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein