Author Topic: No difference between a sexual predator on the Internet and a spiritual predator  (Read 607 times)

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
“There is no difference between a sexual predator on the Internet and a spiritual predator.”
http://blogs.jewishtimes.com/index.php/jewishtimes/neilrubin/abusing_jews_for_judaism/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_campaign=jewishtimes&utm_content=neilrubin

Do you agree with this statement from Jews for Judaism www.jewsforjudaism.org Executive Director Ruth Guggenheim?

I see where she is coming from, she is talking about two very malicious forms of deception. At least we know she understands the very serious threat that deceptive missionaries present.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
I don't consider them the same thing.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
I don't consider them the same thing. 

On the one hand, you victims who were violently raped as children.  That's not something you easily recover from, if at all. 

On the other hand, there's the chance that Jews who were fooled by missionaries may come back to being Jewish. 

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Disagree with Guggenheim.

Both are types of extremely evil people.   And extremely dangerous to society.

Both must be pursued and destroyed in every way possible.  (and perhaps an important point to be made).

In that sense her sentiment is correct.

But strictly speaking they are different types of evil and I see no need to equate them.