Author Topic: How did Times Square terrorist slip through cracks?  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
How did Times Square terrorist slip through cracks?
« on: May 12, 2010, 10:34:16 PM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Security/Default.aspx?id=1003546

A national defense advocate and terrorism expert says she can't understand how U.S. immigration officials allowed the suspect in the recent failed Times Square terrorist plot to become a naturalized citizen.

More information is coming to light about Faisal Shahzad, the naturalized U.S. citizen from Pakistan who is under arrest for the failed bombing. Law enforcement officials report Shahzad became a U.S. citizen in April 2009 in Hartford, Connecticut, and passed all the criminal and national security background checks required for citizenship. But those familiar with the inquiry say investigators plan to go through his citizenship application line-by-line to see if he lied about anything.

Brigitte Gabriel, founder and president of ACT! for America and author of the New York Times bestseller They Must Be Stopped: Why We Must Defeat Radical Islam and How We Can Do It, feels Shahzad should never have been given U.S. citizenship.

Brigitte Gabriel"This guy is a Pakistani immigrant. He's been in Pakistan for the last five months, by the way. His family lives in Karachi, Pakistan, he goes back and forth into the country, he dresses in an Islamic radical garb like Osama bin Laden," she points out. "The writing is on the wall. All the warning signs are there."

So Gabriel -- a naturalized citizen herself -- believes the immigration agent who vetted Shahzad apparently dropped the ball.

"Who was the agent interviewing him? Because I tell you, the agent that interviewed me scrutinized me up one side and down the other to make sure I was okay," she notes. "Maybe this is the time when our country needs to train agents to discern whether they should take that risk and give them the citizenship or not."

The ACT! for America founder adds that the politicians in the United States should stop burying their heads in the sand for the sake of political correctness.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt