Author Topic: Here's Farahs 2012 presidential ticket  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Here's Farahs 2012 presidential ticket
« on: May 18, 2010, 07:26:02 PM »

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=154549

I know it's early.

I know it's premature.

I know we're all focused on the 2010 midterm election.

I know there will be lots of developments between now and 2012.

But I thought I'd tell you who I like for president and vice president right now.

I'm asked all the time about who can win in 2012 and who could effect the changes necessary to take our country back from the precipice after four years of Barack Obama.

Normally I brush those questions aside. I explain how we need to focus on Congress. I explain how Americans are obsessed with presidential politics to the exclusion of so many other decisions we make in our lives that impact the direction of our country. I explain how Americans must stop looking for an executive political messiah, that it's eternal vigilance that keeps us free.

Autographed! Read Joseph Farah's manifesto for American sovereignty, self-reliance and moral renewal

But there are reasons to look forward.

One of those reasons is because many Americans are fearing a dearth of leadership that will be needed more than ever in 2012 if America is to reverse course from the previous four years.

It's no secret there is no Ronald Reagan on the horizon. However, it's worth pointing out there was no Ronald Reagan on the horizon in 1978 – two years before he was elected president, replacing Jimmy Carter, the closest historical forerunner of Obama.

What do I mean there was no Reagan in 1978?

I mean he wasn't a serious candidate for president. He was considered too old. He had failed to get the nomination of the Republican Party in 1976 and was really not seen as viable at the age of 70. Nobody could have foreseen how Reagan could have won – and won big. Nor could they have foreseen how effectively he would govern – literally returning morning to America.

America didn't know the way out of the wilderness before 1980, and we don't know now.

But, just to demonstrate that there are still good leaders around, I thought I would put together my own little "dream ticket" for 2012.

It's easy to get discouraged by some of the big-name, media frontrunners.

I'm concerned, for instance, about Sarah Palin's eagerness to endorse John McCain in his Arizona primary race versus the clearly better J.D. Hayworth. I'm also concerned about Palin's decision to endorse Carly Fiorina over the clearly superior Chuck DeVore in California. I also worry about her squishiness on illegal immigration.

Then there's Mitt Romney, whom I have described as the worst possible president to follow Obama. Romney is an impostor. If he wins in 2012, he will roll back none of the Obama initiatives.

So who else is out there?

To whom do we turn?

Is there anyone out there who can really excite us, energize us?

Is there anyone who can do that and be a consistently effective president – the kind of leader who can undo the damage inflicted by Obama and Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid?

If we had to vote today for president and vice president and could choose anyone for those positions, I can tell you who would get my write-in votes – Sen. Jim DeMint and Rep. Michele Bachmann.

I have watched this pair closely and carefully over the last few years, and I have been impressed with their ideas, their courage, their consistency and their leadership.

This is a team that could excite the base, win the election and have the conviction to roll back the Obama destruction. Maybe there are others out there who could do it, too. I hope so. But, as for me, I'm glad I was able to find a ticket that is not only viable, but enviable.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt