Author Topic: I see War on Israels Horizon  (Read 623 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I see War on Israels Horizon
« on: May 24, 2010, 11:42:44 PM »
Two stories in the news are disturbing to me.

Egypt is training its troops for an offensive thrust into Israeli territory:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/137677

Egypt Portrays Israel as Enemy in Training Maneuvers
Sivan 12, 5770, 25 May 10 06:02
by Avi Yellin

(Israelnationalnews.com) The Egyptian military completed large scale training maneuvers in the Sinai Peninsula on Sunday. The official Middle East News Agency said the weeklong maneuvers – code-named "Badr-2010" – included an exercise to cross the Suez Canal as well as a  simulation of an offensive thrust deep into what is termed as "enemy"- i.e. Israeli- territory.

MENA further reported that helicopters, fighter jets, armored units, paratroopers and special shock troops participated in the military exercises and that similar drills were held in Sinai a week earlier.

The government of Israel has protested against such exercises in the past due to the Jewish state being portrayed as the enemy in the drills.

In 1979, Israel was pressured by United States President Jimmy Carter to surrender the entire Sinai Peninsula to Egypt when a peace treaty between the two nations was signed. Israel destroyed its Sinai city of Yamit when it left the Sinai. According to the Camp David Accords signed between Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin and Egyptian President Anwar Sadat, Egypt agreed not to deploy major military forces on parts of the Sinai close to the border with Israel.

Egypt currently receives massive amounts of United States military aid and is considered to be the second biggest recipient of American weapons in the Middle East. Despite the country’s ostensible peace agreement with Israel, Egypt’s government remains a leader in the production of anti-Zionist propaganda.

Israel is holding civil defense drills this week designed to prepare the country and its defense forces for various modes of possible attack on civilian areas.
www.IsraelNationalNews.com

And the story that Israel is preparing to fight PA forces which were trained by American forces:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/137674

Could US-Trained PA Military Turn Guns on Israel?
Sivan 11, 5770, 24 May 10 10:54
by Avi Yellin

(Israelnationalnews.com) During a military exercise with the IDF’s elite Kfir Brigade last week at the Tze'elim base in Israel’s south, GOC Central Command Maj.-Gen. Avi Mizrahi warned soldiers of potential challenges they may face in the near future.

The Kfir brigade, created December 2005 to deal with unrest in Israel’s Judea and Samaria regions, trained extensively in urban warfare and simulated a scenario in which IDF soldiers were pitted against the Fatah-led Palestinian Authority’s new American-trained military.

Mizrahi told soldiers that the PA security forces, trained in Jordan by United States Lt. Gen. Keith Dayton, is a formidable potential enemy and that the IDF needs to know how to fight them if the need should arise.

"This is a trained, equipped, American-educated force," Mizrahi said. "This means that at the beginning of a battle, we will pay a higher price. A force like that can shut down an urban area with four snipers… It is a proper infantry force facing us and we need to take that into account. They have attack capabilities and we do not expect them to give up easily."

Keith Dayton himself has expressed belief that his PA army would likely attack the Jewish state in the event that Israel does not give in to the demands of the Middle East Quartet, comprising America, Russia, the United Nations and European Union. At a May 2009 lecture in Washington, Dayton indicated that if Israel does not surrender Judea and Samaria to the PA within two years, the Fatah forces he and his fellow American officers are currently training could easily turn their guns on the Israelis.

"With big expectations, come big risks," Dayton said. "There is perhaps a two-year shelf life on being told that you're creating a state, when you're not."

Following these remarks, United States Defense Secretary Robert Gates extended Dayton's tour of duty for an additional two years and gave him the added responsibility of serving as deputy to President Barack Obama's Middle East Envoy George Mitchell. The United States has already poured over $300 million into the new PA army and the acknowledged prospect of that army attacking the State of Israel has not deterred Washington from continuing to arm, train and finance it.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Re: I see War on Israels Horizon
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 02:07:22 AM »
"One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail." --Rabbi Ya'acov Perin

Lets hope Bibi remembers this.  If human shields are used, the attacking Muslims consign their brethren to death, not the defensive Jews.

The Muslims had their chance for peace and coexistence 1948 and have passed upon it every chance they can take [barring the hudnas].  God willing, Let the defeat of the Muslims be swift, thorough, one-sided, and productive.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Gimatria

• Full JTFer
Re: I see War on Israels Horizon
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 08:27:16 AM »
Well spoken, Ariel!
When Israel fights the way the Jewish people are meant to fight, there is no doubt we will be a light unto the nations. The numbers may be daunting, but I always comfort myself thinking of the fulfillment of Jewish prophecy in 1967 -
"10 of ye shall chase a hundred of them, and a hundred of ye shall put 10 thousand of them to flight!"

Let's hope that the leaders of Israel untie the hands of the army and let them fight the way Torah-true Jews can!