Author Topic: Indian Muslims and Christian orgs want Facebook banned in India  (Read 1774 times)

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
New Delhi, May 25: The Maharashtra government has asked the Centre about the possibility of blocking social networking site Facebook following such a demand from Muslim and Christian organisations.

Muslim and Christian leaders have themselves jointly written to the Prime Minister, Sonia Gandhi and the Union home ministry demanding immediate action against Facebook for displaying “blasphemous” pages.

The Pakistan government, following a Lahore High Court order, has blocked Facebook for inviting its members to post caricatures deemed blasphemous.

Christian groups such as the Catholic Secular Forum (CSF) are upset over various Facebook pages on Jesus Christ and Christianity.

The Maharashtra additional chief secretary (home), Chandra Iyengar, has written to Union home secretary G.K. Pillai requesting a ban on Facebook, if possible. A copy of the letter has been sent to the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team, a division of the information and technology ministry.

“We want the government to block Facebook for its irresponsible action. If the government does not act promptly, we will be left with no option but to take to the streets,’’ said Sohail Rokadia of the Raza Academy.

The academy, a prominent Mumbai-based Sunni organisation, has taken the matter up jointly with the CSF.

“The CSF believes that blasphemous pages on any religion should be taken off the website. Several pages on Facebook are worse than the pages that are being objected to by Muslims across the world,” said John Dias of the CSF.

“We call upon Facebook to tender an unconditional apology for hurting the religious sentiments of millions of followers of different faiths. Such blasphemous material on the Internet has dangerous law-and-order consequences, particularly in the East. It disturbs peace and harmony in an already communally sensitive situation.”

http://www.telegraphindia.com//1100526/jsp/nation/story_12488838.jsp

This once again shows how Christians in India collude with Muslims for putting forth intolerant agenda. The problem with Indian Christians is that, they are too left wing.. and there is no sign of Rightist Christians unlike the West. This is one reason why Hindu Nationalist organisations dont get well along with Muslim and Christian organisations in India.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Re: Indian Muslims and Christian orgs want Facebook banned in India
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 12:48:18 AM »
Some people just need to grow thicker skin.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline ProJewGreekChristian

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 01:01:05 AM »
I did not look for an article on the matter, but I would ask why a so-called "Christian" organization would be allying with the Nazi Muslim scum when there is already such a fierce Hindu-Muslim battle taking place in India. I would say they are either a Muslim front group or a leftist front group, but  then again, we have all seen some of the mind-boggling endeavors the Catholic church has embarked on in America--amnesty for illegals, so-called negro civil rights, obamacare, etc.

G-δ βlεss τhε Hεrοic Sεrβs---------G-δ βlεss the Diχiε Soυτh

ALL of Israel belongs to the Jews, G-d's chosen people!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:10:27 AM »
What the hell is facebook? I have never used the thing...

I have heard a Rabbi who knocks Facebook every chance he gets. I am so glad I don't know drek from shinola about facebook. And all those security/privacy problems, oy vey!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 02:35:34 AM »
If these rogues would have demanded for the instant hanging of Afzal and Kasaib, then they would have been in tune with the time. They always attempt to raise unnecessary issues for their selfish games. 
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 03:23:06 AM »
What the hell is facebook? I have never used the thing...

I have heard a Rabbi who knocks Facebook every chance he gets. I am so glad I don't know drek from shinola about facebook. And all those security/privacy problems, oy vey!

I think FB is pretty great in a lot of ways.  You don't need to use your real name [many people select names like some on JTF, you could simply be Muman613 on FB], and you can get in touch with a lot of people who share really good articles one might miss otherwise.  There are things I do not like, most notably the double standard of Islamic appeasement vs. allow anti-Semitism, but there are many good things about it.  People who simply use it as a way to socialize use the site in a way I myself do not find valuable.  A lot of good blogs post when they have new articles there as well, Atlas Shrugged, Michelle Malkin, Debbie Schlussel, and others, and I can find out what they have to say before browsing their individual blogs over a longer period of time.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein