Author Topic: Israel and Greece in joint Air Force and Rescue behind enemy lines exercise  (Read 1450 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/iaf-conducting-joint-exercise-with-greek-air-force-1.292497   

The Israeli Air Force is holding a joint exercise this week with the Greek Air Force in the skies above the Aegean Sea.

The exercise, named "MINOAS 2010", is supposed to continue through the weekend.

According to Greek media reports, 10 IAF planes are participating in the exercise – five F-15I Rams and five F16I Sufas. These are the newest aircraft in the IAF fleet and are able to carry out long-range attack missions. An IAF refueling tanker is also reported to be taking part in the drill.

On the Greek side, 15 F16s are said to be participating.

The exercise includes practice for aerial battles, long-range missions and mid-air refueling. It is also expected that IAF CH-53 helicopters will arrive in Greece to train for rescuing pilots behind enemy lines.

The exercise is taking place at a Greek air base in Souda Bay, on the island of Crete.

The IAF has recently carried out numerous joint training exercises with different air forces in Europe and North America, in order to improve the capabilities of its pilots in long-distance bombing missions. The IAF is also training for aerial battles as well as for how to overcome various air defense systems.

The IDF spokesman's office confirmed the IAF's participation in the joint exercise with Greece and said that it was planned in advance on this year's training schedule
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
I wonder how much money Greece will need to borrow from the EU to pay for these exercises?
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
I wonder how much money Greece will need to borrow from the EU to pay for these exercises?
Yea thats a Problem
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
the main problem to this uphoria is the greek governemnt.they are against us beacuse our flirt with turkey.we need to cut relations with turkey beacuse it is on;y backfire at us.
enemies:negroes,musulmans and commies/liberals.
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
the main problem to this uphoria is the greek governemnt.they are against us beacuse our flirt with turkey.we need to cut relations with turkey beacuse it is on;y backfire at us.
Yes Turkey are Muslims

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
Yes Turkey are Muslims
yes i konw that.what i am saying is that our (israel's) relationship with turkey damage our ties with greece.
enemies:negroes,musulmans and commies/liberals.
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member

In a nutshell.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
I think that this drill is actually tactically very important as it might involve testing the IDF against the S-300 air defense system.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
I think that this drill is actually tactically very important as it might involve testing the IDF against the S-300 air defense system.

Did the Iranians have it?
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member

Did the Iranians have it?
They bought it but so far the Russian have delayed the delivery. But it should be assume they would soon get it one way or another- either from Russia or through a third party proxy like Syria or Pakistan. Or they might buy the Chinese clone of the S-300.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
I  doubt the Russians will ever deliver it

Shot at 2010-01-03