Author Topic: Ask JTF for Sunday, June 13, 2010  (Read 9714 times)

Offline imaknick

• Full JTFer
Re: Ask JTF for Sunday, June 13, 2010
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2010, 08:32:52 AM »
has Jackie Mason ever contributed to JDL/JTF?  have you ever reached out to him?

Offline Trace

• Full JTFer
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2010, 02:16:50 PM »
Shalom Chaim,

Did Rhodesia have good relations with Israel when it existed? I read that Israel and South Africa had a positive relationship during the days of white government. I wondered if this was true of Rhodesia as well. I have a friend who is Rhodesian, born in Rhodesia in 1978 shortly before the country turned into Zimbabwe. He is one of the most pro-Israel gentiles I've ever known. There is still a Rhodesian national identity that exists, and a great deal of people all over the world who identify as Rhodesian. These people are essentially refugees. I don't understand why so many people call for the establishment of a so-called "Palestinian" state, but you never hear ANYONE call for the creation of a Rhodesian state in Africa for all of the displaced people who were forcibly removed from the land their families had lived on for generations and scattered around the globe after 1979. Why is there this double standard? The Rhodesians have far more of a legitimate claim to a cohesive national identity than the so-called "Palestinians" EVER did.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2010, 04:35:18 PM »
Hey chaim

1) If you were cornered by a mugger in an alleyway, what basic self defence tips would you give us JTFERS on here?

2) who do you prefer clint eastwood or john wayne?

3) who do you prefer jonny cash or elvis presley?

4) What is the best restaurant you have ever been to?

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2010, 04:45:07 PM »
Shalom Chaim,

What do you think of Rabbi Yochanan Ben Zakai's attempt to negotiate for peace with the Romans during the Second Temple period?  Was this treason or the most practical thing at the time and why?  Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Dan Ben Noah
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2010, 05:07:06 PM »
Shalom Chaim

In the near future (I don' remember the exact date) the building moratorium for Judea and Samaria is going to expire.  I have absolutely no confidence that it will lead to renewed building.  What is your prediction on whether new buidling will resume and if not what political effect it will have in Israel?
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 07:56:22 PM »
Shalom Chaim and thank you as always for your hard work and for answering my questions.

What do you think about labor unions? Do you believe labor unions should be outlawed again? I know they are left-wing political organizations, but before they existed workers had no rights and were constantly exploited by greedy businessmen. How can workers be protected from greedy multinational corporations if they do not organize themselves and engage in collective bargaining?
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2010, 08:04:13 PM »
Hello Chaim what are your feelings towards the Working Families Party? Thanks and as usual GD bless