Author Topic: Ban Beauty Pageants and modeling  (Read 2618 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Ban Beauty Pageants and modeling
« on: May 14, 2007, 01:07:28 AM »
I don't remember if this has previously been discussed on the forum but shouldn't Israel ban both? 

It puts all the focus on outer appearance and it then causes people to become obsessed about their looks and leads to more corruption.

An interesting analysis: 

http://www.torah.org/learning/women/class14.html

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Re: Ban Beauty Pageants and modeling
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 01:21:01 AM »
I don't remember if this has previously been discussed on the forum but shouldn't Israel ban both? 

It puts all the focus on outer appearance and it then causes people to become obsessed about their looks and leads to more corruption.

An interesting analysis: 

http://www.torah.org/learning/women/class14.html

Interesting article.

"The uniform that the Torah requires of women is dignity."

Not a burka that covers her entire body in the heat of the desert. That's not dignity.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

ftf

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 07:15:24 AM »
I think that it would  be far better to educate people so that they realise that exterior beauty is not the most important thing, if you go for banning things straight off you will be called a nazi etc, far better to teach people good values so they can realise for themselves that it's wrong.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 09:46:07 AM »
TWO BASIC LAWS OF HUMAN NATURE

1.  If you want a "secret" to be spread all over creation within 24hrs, tell it to someone, and make them promise "not to tell anybody".

2.  If you want people to behave in a manner exactly opposite of the way you believe they should behave, simply ban the activity of which you disapprove. 

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 11:33:56 AM »
TWO BASIC LAWS OF HUMAN NATURE

1.  If you want a "secret" to be spread all over creation within 24hrs, tell it to someone, and make them promise "not to tell anybody".

2.  If you want people to behave in a manner exactly opposite of the way you believe they should behave, simply ban the activity of which you disapprove. 
Thanks for summing up two very important life lessons -
If I could only get them through my thick head.  ;)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.