Author Topic: Free Gaza Flotilla Financed by Terrorist Organization  (Read 982 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Free Gaza Flotilla Financed by Terrorist Organization
« on: June 01, 2010, 05:14:50 PM »
This has got to be the topper for this story. The funding and financing of the 'Free Gaza' flotilla appears to come from the well-known terrorist organization IHH...

Here is the wiki page on this wicked group:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IHH_(İnsani_Yardım_Vakfı)

Background

According to Reuters, "the Istanbul-based Foundation for Human Rights and Freedoms and Humanitarian Relief (IHH) is an Islamic charity group that was formed to provide aid to Bosnian Muslims in the mid-1990s. It has been involved in aid missions in Pakistan, Ethiopia, Lebanon, Indonesia, Iraq, Palestinian territories and other places, according to Turkish media." [4] The organisation brings aid to all countries in Africa as well as Latin America and Europe like Bosnia Herzogovina, Bulgaria, Albania. The Daily Telegraph described the IHH as "a radical Islamist group masquerading as a humanitarian agency." It added that Israel accuses the organizatino of "overtly supporting Hamas, but stated that these "claims remain controversial."[2]

According to Henri Barkey, an analyst for the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, the IHH is, "an Islamist organisation as it has been deeply involved with Hamas for some time," and "Some of its members went on the boat saying that they had written their last will and testament." [2]

In 2006, the Danish Institute for International Studies published a report titled "The Role of Islamic Charities in International Terrorist Recruitment and Financing", by American analyst Evan Kohlman. Kohlman claimed that major international Islamic charities such as IHH, while providing genuine humanitarian relief, are "charitable front groups that provide support to Al-Qaida."[1] Kohlman's only source in making links between IHH and such groups is a report by French investigative magistrate Jean-Louis Bruguière. Kohlman also blamed IHH for assisting the Iraqi Sunni insurgency, and mentioned a 1997 raid in which police found weapons, explosives and bomb-making instructions in the IHH headquarter in Istanbul.[1] Turkish authorities searched IHH headquarters in 1997, discovering "firearms, explosives, bomb-making instructions" as well as records of calls to an al-Qaida guest house in Milan.[1]

A member of the group, Izzet Sahin, had previously been arrested by the Israeli security forces on suspicion of aiding Palestinian organizations banned by Israel. In response, Serkan Nergis, a spokesman for IHH, told Reuters: "We don't have anything against Israel. Our only aim was to carry aid to the people of Gaza. But for Israel, regardless of your religion or your nationality, if you help the people of Gaza you will be declared a terrorist." [4]

In 2006 the Danish Institute for International Studies reported that during the 1990s the IHH had links with Al-Qaeda and global jihad networks. According to the report, the Istanbul offices of the organization were raided. The Turkish security services arrested activists and found weapons and explosives, including instructions for manufacturing IEDs and a flag bearing a jihadist message.[5]

According to the Israeli Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center, the IHH is affiliated with Hamas and the Union of the Good, an Islamic umbrella affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood.[3] Mark Sofer, the Israeli Ambassador to India told The Economic Times that the IHH is "a jihadist organisation with close ties to Al-Qaeda."[5]

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2010/0601/Targeted-by-Israeli-raid-Who-is-the-IHH

IHH ties to jihadis?

IHH has occasionally been accused of sending money to Islamist fighters in Bosnia, Chechnya, and Afghanistan during the 1990s.

A 2006 report by Evan Kohlmann, an author and consultant who closely tracks the propaganda efforts of Al Qaeda and other jihadi groups, linked IHH to fundraising for jihadis headed to Bosnia, Chechnya, and Afghanistan. In a posting today at the Counterterrorism Blog, Kohlmann says the Turkish government unearthed weapons, explosives, and bombmaking instructions in a 1997 raid. IHH denies that such a raid took place.

Mr. Kohlmann's paper cites a French intelligence report that alleged the group made phone calls to an Al Qaeda boarding house in Milan and Algerian militants in Europe.

In a Seattle trial, one of the authors of the French report, counterterrorism magistrate Jean-Louis Bruguiere said that IHH had played an "important role" in the Al Qaeda Millenium bomb plot targeting LAX, Los Angeles's main airport.

The IHH is an NGO, but it was kind of a type of cover-up ... in order to obtain forged documents and also to obtain different forms of infiltration for Mujahi-
    deen in combat. And also to go and gather[recruit] these Mujahideens.

But Ms. Varol denies any such links.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Free Gaza Flotilla Financed by Terrorist Organization
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 08:08:36 PM »
Is it the Democtatoric Party?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 08:22:45 PM »
This was a terrorist flotilla, not a peace activist flotilla as the media tries to portray it... It should have been sunk instead of attempting to board the vessel...

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/06/01/gaza-clash-turkish-charitys-terror-links/

Gaza Clash: Turkish Charity’s Terror Links
June 1, 2010 - 10:11 AM | by: Ben Evansky

The United Nations Security Council can’t decide how to sanction Iran or punish North Korea over killing 46 South Korean Sailors in last month’s unprovoked attack on one of its submarines.  But on Monday, the UN called an emergency session to take Israel to task over the boarding of a Turkish registered boat on its way to deliver aid to Gaza which led to at least nine deaths following violent altercations between Israeli forces and a significant number of armed protestors.

Yet the Turkish group that funded and ran the boat the Mavi Marmara, where the confrontation occurred is documented as having ties to terrorists, was named in federal court papers as playing a role in the failed millennium bomb plot and is named in a C.I.A. report in 1996 as having links to terrorist groups. The Foundation for Human Rights and Humanitarian Relief (IHH) is a Muslim charity and non-government organization (NGO) that was formed in 1992 with the goal of assisting Muslims in Bosnia. Since then it has branched out to many places including Lebanon, Pakistan, Sudan, Somalia and the Palestinian territories.

According to a report by the Israeli based Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center, IHH is a “radical Islamic Organization with an anti-Western orientation.” Written by Jonathan Fighel, the report says “besides its legitimate philanthropic activities, it supports radical Islamic networks, including Hamas, and that at least in the past, even global jihad networks.”

Fighel’s report also notes that the C.I.A. report that was declassified in 2001 and titled “International Islamic NGOs and Links to Terrorism” states that the IHH had links with extremist groups in Iran and Algeria and was either active or facilitating activities of terrorist groups operating in Bosnia.

IHH's Oguzan Ulas, told Fox News from its headquarters in Istanbul, Turkey that his organization has “no relation to radical Islamic groups,” and that it was “a rubbish accusation.” Ulas blamed this on a smear campaign by the Israelis against his group. As to his organization’s support of Hamas he said that it disagrees with the U.S. government’s designation of Hamas as a terrorist group and that IHH “openly accepts Hamas.”

Steve Emerson, a leading terrorism expert, tells Fox News that IHH was banned by Israel in 2008 for its affiliation with Hamas and the so-called “Union of Good.” The Union of Good is a coalition of Islamic groups led by Muslim Brotherhood leader Yousef Al Qaradawi who has issued Fatwas calling for the killing of Americans and Jews.

Emerson who heads the Investigative Project on Terrorism points to U.S. Court documents which reveal IHH played “an important role” in the Millennium bomb plot. The Millennium bomb plot was foiled following the arrest of Ahmed Ressam who had planned to bomb the Los Angeles International Airport.

During Ressam’s trial, federal prosecutors called Jean Louis Brugiere, a French counter-terrorism expert and Magistrate, to testify. As part of his testimony he told the court that “The IHH is an NGO (non-governmental organization), but it was kind of a type of cover-up in order to obtain forged documents and also to obtain different forms of infiltration for Mujahideen in combat. And also to go and gather these Mujahideens. And finally, one of the last responsibilities that they had was also to be implicated or involved in weapons trafficking.”

According to court documents, he went on to say when talking about the cell involved in the Millennium plot that the apartment they used was “a conspiratorial flat.”  All this was based on phone calls placed from that apartment “particularly to Turkey and Istanbul and I am talking about the IHH.”

IHH has offices in Gaza and the West Bank and according to reports in Israel has transferred money to Hamas in support of its goals. IHH leadership has also met with Hamas Chairman Khaled Mashal and other top Hamas leaders. Hamas is on the U.S. State Department list of designated terrorist organizations.

Emerson says IHH’s financial and political support for Hamas is “very troubling” and told Fox News that “it’s surprising that IHH has not been designated (as a terrorist group) by the U.S. government.”

Late last night the U.N. Security Council issued a Presidential Statement which condemned yesterday's action and called for an investigation into yesterday's events.

Notice the typical taqiyah from the Urangatang which the Muslim cretins attempt to say it is not a 'terrorist' organization. None of them are 'terrorists' to the Muslims because they are killing the enemies of Islam {Americans and Jews}...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 10:46:13 PM »
Wolves in the coat of sheep.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 12:06:22 AM »
We can be certain of our feelings and convictions against the flotillas of terror.  I feel doubtful the rest of the world cares much about finding out the details of who financed these "humanitarian missions" [terrorist operations] any more than they care about the actual events which took place on the flotilla; IDF on a low-force peacekeeping mission vs. an incredibly violent group armed with weapons ready to lynch each and every man who legally boarded their ship.  But at least we know [as if we could not guess].
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 12:39:09 AM »
We can be certain of our feelings and convictions against the flotillas of terror.  I feel doubtful the rest of the world cares much about finding out the details of who financed these "humanitarian missions" [terrorist operations] any more than they care about the actual events which took place on the flotilla; IDF on a low-force peacekeeping mission vs. an incredibly violent group armed with weapons ready to lynch each and every man who legally boarded their ship.  But at least we know [as if we could not guess].

You know I can care less about what the world thinks... What shocked me is when I spoke with my step-dad today in New York... He was disappointed that Israel did this. He thinks they were dumb and stupid and other names he used against Israel. He thinks that it was illegal to board the boat in international waters. I tried to explain to him that the international law, which I have seen explained today, says that a country has a right to establish a naval blockade when it is at war, and the war against Hamas is still in effect, and as a result Israel, if it suspected there were militants, weapons, or contraband on board they have a right to board it.

I am posting these to prove to the Jews that Israel is not to blame for what happened. I forwarded my step-dad several of the messages from NCYI and ACAI and the webpage which Aish.com has prepared for this...

http://www.aish.com/jw/me/95298224.html

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Government/Law/Legal+Issues+and+Rulings/Gaza_flotilla_maritime_blockade_Gaza-Legal_background_31-May-2010.htm?tr=y&auid=6420550

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 12:44:04 AM »
... What shocked me is when I spoke with my step-dad today in New York...

So sad.  So very, very sad!  When intelligent Jews don't even "get it" ..... !!!

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 12:46:19 AM »

You know I can care less about what the world thinks... What shocked me is when I spoke with my step-dad today in New York... He was disappointed that Israel did this. He thinks they were dumb and stupid and other names he used against Israel. He thinks that it was illegal to board the boat in international waters. I tried to explain to him that the international law, which I have seen explained today, says that a country has a right to establish a naval blockade when it is at war, and the war against Hamas is still in effect, and as a result Israel, if it suspected there were militants, weapons, or contraband on board they have a right to board it.

I am posting these to prove to the Jews that Israel is not to blame for what happened. I forwarded my step-dad several of the messages from NCYI and ACAI and the webpage which Aish.com has prepared for this...

http://www.aish.com/jw/me/95298224.html

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Government/Law/Legal+Issues+and+Rulings/Gaza_flotilla_maritime_blockade_Gaza-Legal_background_31-May-2010.htm?tr=y&auid=6420550

I too care nothing for what the world thinks.  HaShem has never said we need strategic allies.

If a ship declares it will violate a legal naval blockade, such as in Israel, the ship is open to being destroyed anywhere in international waters.  These ships have declared verbally, and in print, that they would be staging an illegal invasion of Israel and that Israel would need to stop them; Israel could have blown the ships out of the water, in any part of international waters, and it would have been legal [but of course Israel is always held to an impossible double standard rooted in anti-Semitism.].
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 12:54:37 AM »
And you know what is so amazing... We are reading the story of the Spies in the Torah this Shabbat...

I just heard the Temple Talk program from IsraelNationalRadio where the Rabbi tied together this parasha and the events of the flotilla... That this event may cause some Jews to complain about Israel and that when we do this we really anger Hashem. This is why I thought I shouldn't have said that about the IDF in the other thread. We should always make sure that we trust Hashem and his promise that he will bring us to the land, and protect us, if we follow his will. I tried to explain this to my step-dad but he is very far gone when it comes to lashon hara about jews.. I can't correct him for this, but he is a very smart and kind man...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Radio/News.aspx/2259
It's no holds barred in this fast moving episode of Temple Talk, as Rabbi Richman and Yitzchak Reuven seek to understand the saga of the Israel's naval commando's take-over of the Gaza Flotilla in the light of the eternal, staggering truths found in this week's Torah portion of Parashat Shelach. What does this terrorist-funded, terror-motivated provocation against Israeli sovereignty have to do with the sin of the spies of the desert? And what's it got to do with the Holy Temple? Our hosts resound the answer, "Everything! " Tune in and find out how the Land of Israel is the only source of blessing to our physical world.

Rabbi Richman departs for a speaking tour in the USA and Yitzchak Reuven will be going it alone for the next 4 weeks of Temple Talk. Rabbi Richman will return to Temple Talk, G-d willing, on Tues. July 6th.