Author Topic: GOP expected to discuss immigration with Obama  (Read 474 times)

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
GOP expected to discuss immigration with Obama
« on: May 25, 2010, 08:00:56 PM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Headlines/Default.aspx?id=1025718

WASHINGTON - Senate Republicans are talking immigration reform with President Barack Obama, including plans to deploy thousands of National Guard troops and drones to tighten border security.

Republicans expect to try to attach the proposals to an almost $60 billion war spending bill. The subject was expected to come up Tuesday during a closed-door session with the president. The economy and jobs also are expected to surface there.

During his presidential campaign, Obama promised to push legislation paving the way to citizenship for some 11 million illegal immigrants. He has said more recently, though, that Congress has little appetite for a massive bill on the subject this election year, so lawmakers are looking at ways to enact more incremental changes.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: GOP expected to discuss immigration with Obama
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:44:27 AM »
Its about time the Senate Republicans stood strong for their country.  I have to say I am extremely dissatisfied with the lack of leadership in not showing enough opposition to Obama's policies!   They all need to grow a set!

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 06:48:34 AM »
I have been dissatisfied with the leadership too, they need to understand you don't fight fire with complacency, you keep battering and attacking back and throwing obstacles in your adversaries path!

Offline stepa2

• New JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 10:55:15 PM »
Obama has already sent National Guardsmen to the border and then ordered them NOT to arrest illegales.
Neither party has ever shown interest in controlling the border.