Author Topic: SPECIAL TREAT FOR ALL JTF MEMBERS!  (Read 1195 times)

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
SPECIAL TREAT FOR ALL JTF MEMBERS!
« on: June 06, 2010, 07:39:28 AM »
CLICK ON THE LINK.

TO TURN TO THE NEXT PAGE AND FINISH READING THE BOOKLET,  SIMPLY CLICK THE PAGE WHICH YOU ARE FINISHED READING ON THE GRAPHIC ART PART, AND A NEW PAGE WILL LOAD.

WHEN I WAS A LITTLE BOY MY GRAMMAR SCHOOL TEACHER HANDED THIS BOOKLET OUT TO EACH AND EVERY KID IN CLASS, AND WE EACH TOOK TURNS READING A PAGE!

FUNNY... ALMOST EVERYONE IN AMERICA BACK THEN HATED HIS GUTS AND WANTED HIM DEAD.  NOW ALMOST ALL OF THEM WISH MORE THAN ANYTHING THAT THEY COULD FIND EVEN ONE POLITICIAN ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES JUST LIKE HIM WHO WOULD SAVE AMERICA AND ISRAEL.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: SPECIAL TREAT FOR ALL JTF MEMBERS!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 08:31:59 AM »
I remember George Wallace well. In his early days he was something to admire. I often quote his well known statement when I want to make a point about my position on civil rights.....

"In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever."

I grew up during Wallace's time in office and often read about him and saw him in the news.....Here in New York we could only wish for a politician with positions like his on the so called civil rights movement. In his early incarnation he was a politician that held to what he believed in and bucked Washington with all he had. After he was shot his views changed over time and he was no longer the same.... As time went on he actually became very liberal in his thinking and in the end almost became a civil rights advocate destroying his prior reputation as a politician with common sense.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 09:10:42 AM »
Wallace was always a civil rights activist, and did more for the Negroes in Alabama then any other governor.  Period.  He despised injustice against anyone, but felt that separation of the races was the only way to ensure tranquility and prosperity for both Caucasian and Negro.  Negro attorneys who litigated in his courtrooms prior to his seeking the office of governor claim that to this day they never stood before a judge equal to Wallace in integrity and fairness. He provided free school textbooks to all children, was a great friend to the Jewish people living in Alabama, and built hospitals, schools, and highways.  It's admittedly difficult to judge the recent past accurately, but in retrospect Wallace looks far more patriotic than most in Washington who thought him nothing but 'some redneck bigot'.
And friends, George Wallace was a DEMOCRAT.    :o
p.s. - of great interest, and worthy of some research, was Wallace's Media Agent, who in addition to serving as laisson between Wallace and the KKK, was the author of The Outlaw Josey Wales !  Wallace despised the KKK and would not allow them in his presence, yet knew that their power in Alabama was so widespread that without their backing he could not attain the governorship.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 09:39:55 AM »
Wallace was always a civil rights activist, and did more for the Negroes in Alabama then any other governor.  Period.  He despised injustice against anyone, but felt that separation of the races was the only way to ensure tranquility and prosperity for both Caucasian and Negro.  Negro attorneys who litigated in his courtrooms prior to his seeking the office of governor claim that to this day they never stood before a judge equal to Wallace in integrity and fairness. He provided free school textbooks to all children, was a great friend to the Jewish people living in Alabama, and built hospitals, schools, and highways.  It's admittedly difficult to judge the recent past accurately, but in retrospect Wallace looks far more patriotic than most in Washington who thought him nothing but 'some redneck bigot'.
And friends, George Wallace was a DEMOCRAT.    :o
p.s. - of great interest, and worthy of some research, was Wallace's Media Agent, who in addition to serving as laisson between Wallace and the KKK, was the author of The Outlaw Josey Wales !  Wallace despised the KKK and would not allow them in his presence, yet knew that their power in Alabama was so widespread that without their backing he could not attain the governorship.
Interesting post.... I figured Wallace for a separate but equal mentality and now that I think back about it to some degree what you say sounds very true... The liberal media did everything in its power back then to vilify Wallace and make him look racist. When he was shot most people believed it was due to his positions on civil rights which was just not the case. The fact that Wallace was a democrat is not so hard for a person my age to believe. The party back then had a much different platform then it does today. I have a few books on Wallace here somewhere one is called  At The Schoolhouse Door the others I don't recall. Your post has made me want to find them and see if they are just more of the same or show Wallace in a truer light.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 01:44:23 PM »
Glad my post perked your interest cjd!

Because the people of Alabama have always been racial separatists, and in my opinion remain so, George Wallace faithfully spoke for and represented them.
His stance was provoked by the Federal Government overstepping its Constitutional authority -- ordering racial integration, ordering school busing of children far from their neighborhoods in order to guarantee racial quotas, etc.
Wallace certainly was no angel, but it must be said that he was also above corruption or scandal.
During his terms in office, no alcohol was allowed in his home or allowed to be served at any state function or celebration.
He was so beloved by his people that when he could no longer by law seek the governorship, the people elected his wife the first female governor of the state!
I've yet to hear any in the Feminist Movement praising Lurleen Wallace or the people of Alabama for leading the rest of the nation in advancing the status of women.
At this point in America's history it's beginning to look like the people of Alabama were years ahead of their time both in their feelings of patriotism as well as in their refusal to accept any overreach of power by a Federal Government out of control.  How ironic it is to see the very states that once castigated Alabamians as being 'racist rednecks' and 'bigots' end up today as the states experiencing the worst problems related to race.