Author Topic: StørmFrønt  (Read 18683 times)

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
Re: StørmFrønt
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2007, 10:02:20 AM »
Why cant we simply type G-O-D ???

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2007, 10:38:42 AM »
Why cant we simply type G-O-D ???

You were understandably confused about g-d and G-d, Ashish, because some of our posters obviously have a love-hate relationship with the shift key of their keyboards - even when it comes to writing the name of G-d. ;D

As for your more serious question, it's a complicated one. You might try reading this very long but interesting article in Wiki about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_Judaism

To state it briefly, Jews believe that the name of G-d, in any language, is too holy to speak aloud (or write down) except at the temple in Jerusalem (which doesn't presently exist), and perhaps even then only at certain times and only by certain persons.

Accordingly, "G-d" and "L-rd" are often written without the "o" even though the real name of the L-rd G-d is according to Judaism neither of those words, and even though "G-d" and "L-rd" are frequently spoken aloud by even the most devout Jews.

Confused yet? I don't blame you. So am I.

All of these beliefs, interestingly enough, correspond to an ancient Babylonian one that the name of the deity Marduk was too holy to take lightly - hence, he was more frequently referred to as Bel, "Lord".

You will often hear Jews refer to G-d using the circumlocution HaShem, "The Name".
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:42:18 AM by Dissenter »

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2007, 11:53:02 AM »
We are allowed to write Lord with the o. Lord in English is a title, not G-d's name.

Chaim, for one, prefers to write "Lord" without the "o", as you can see from some of his articles on the web site. When speaking of such things, he usually uses "G-d" (which, of course, he always spells "G-d") instead of "Lord", but when he quotes from the Bible and the word "Lord" is used, he always renders it "L-rd".

I'm not at all an expert on these matters - I don't even speak Hebrew - but is "G-d" really G-d's name? I thought that his only unspeakable name is the Hebrew for "I am", which is what Moses was told.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2007, 12:16:16 PM »
JSullivan I did NOT promote StørmFrønt in this thread or anywhere! :(

This also applies to me.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2007, 12:20:21 PM »
It was me i sometimes link to StørmFrønt to explain what i'm saing not to promote it ! i won'nt do it even to show something
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2007, 01:10:55 PM »
Lord is Hashem. G-d is Elokim.

Are you sure about that, Yacov? I thought that Adonai was "Lord" and HaShem was "The Name". At least, aren't those the meanings of the Hebrew words?

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2007, 01:38:50 PM »
Lord is Hashem. G-d is Elokim.
Are you sure about that, Yacov? I thought that Adonai was "Lord" and HaShem was "The Name". At least, aren't those the meanings of the Hebrew words?
Adoshem and Hashem are the same. But you can't say Adoshem unless you are praying so it is replaced with Hashem.

Yacov, you're not answering my question. I asked you if Adonai meant "Lord" and HaShem meant "The Name" in the original Hebrew. If HaShem means "The Name", then it obviously can't mean "Lord", except by convention.

By the way, I mentioned Bel Marduk a little while ago. I'm now reminded that the Egyptians, fearing to speak directly of their "divine king," called him pharaoh, "[he of the] big house".

Anyway, I can see why Ashish is so confused.

Offline BabylonianJew

• Senior JTFer
  • Berber/Shepardic Jew
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2007, 02:53:43 PM »
Someone from StørmFrønt has emailed me this link as a piece of propaganda to stop me posting here and make me post in StørmFrønt again.

Opinions?

why did you post on that hick site?

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2007, 03:15:37 PM »
Someone from StørmFrønt has emailed me this link as a piece of propaganda to stop me posting here and make me post in StørmFrønt again.

Opinions?

why did you post on that hick site?

I had no idea there was any alternative for Right Wing Gentiles. Then i came here  ;D

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2007, 04:33:22 PM »
Dissneter, Adon** literally means "my master" but we dont say or write it except for specific purposes. Hashem means "The Name".
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2007, 08:09:52 PM »
100% agree with Kahaneloyalist. The kid is obviously hot tempered and uttered expletives because of the obviously a pro-PLO western thug who had provoked him. He doesn’t mean it – I think that there are no Jew who is proud of what happened to Jesus, as he is not relevant to Judaism.
But to call for murder of this proud, beautiful Jew is asinine. Thunderbolt, you should be ashamed of yourself!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 08:57:48 PM by Manch »
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2007, 08:19:12 PM »
Rabbi Kahane's "The Jewish Idea" deals with this very Jewishly....
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2007, 01:03:34 AM »
If so fine, but for every Christian Zionist there is a Presbetyrian who wishes our death.
Presbyterians (at least orthodox ones) are not Christians at all. They are a far-left, wacked-out cult that in addition to boycotting Israel, also ordain fag pastors (that's right Tonycali, these "gay reverends" your school shoves down your throat ALL hate Israel) and approve of baby butchering.

OTOH, a couple months ago I met an outspoken, colorful Presbyterian Arab Christian lady who professed to be a hardcore Zionist. But she's in the minority of that denomination for sure.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2007, 01:05:10 AM »
Agreed. I am Jewish and can't stand the Jewish hatred of Christians and Muslims just because they're gentile. It's just like the anti-Semitism on www.StørmFrønt.org. The Kahane forums are terrible. They are too intolerant of anything but their own world view.
You're an Fing moron. Please find me some Jews who actually hate Muslims, much less Christians.

Edit: Yes, the self-hating Jewish left hates Christendom far more than it hates Islam. But they are irrelevant to this discussion.