Author Topic: Hillary Clinton: The Rich Should Pay More In Taxes  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Hillary Clinton: The Rich Should Pay More In Taxes
« on: June 03, 2010, 06:11:17 PM »
http://www.personalliberty.com/news/hillary-clinton-the-rich-should-pay-more-in-taxes-19808912/

While giving a speech last week concerning the administration’s national security strategy, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton conveyed her personal opinion that America’s wealthiest citizens are not being taxed enough.

The former first lady said during a discussion at the Brookings Institution that she regrets the previous administration’s decision to abandon a taxation formula that helps "pull people out of poverty."

"The rich are not paying their fair share in any nation that is facing the kind of employment issues" as the United States is, "whether it is individual, corporate, whatever the taxation forms are," said Clinton.

"Brazil has the highest tax-to-GDP rate in the Western Hemisphere and guess what—it’s growing like crazy…and the rich are getting richer," she added.

Before steering the conversation toward "one of the biggest international problems we have" today, Clinton carefully noted that she was expressing her own personal opinions, and not those of the Obama administration, The New York Times reports.

Late last month, Vice President Joe Biden offered a similar opinion, stating that the nation’s tax system is unfair because the top 1 percent of earners receive 22 percent of U.S. income, according to The Heritage Foundation.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Hillary Clinton: The Rich Should Pay More In Taxes
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 06:22:30 PM »
Hillary Dyke Clinton:  ""Brazil has the highest tax-to-GDP rate in the Western Hemisphere and guess what—it’s growing like crazy…and the rich are getting richer," she added."

Typical Marxist propaganda lies.

There is no direct relationship between the "highest tax-to-GDP" rate, the "growing like crazy", and "the rich getting richer".

Three unrelated, unproven, unverified rantings that we are supposed to blindly accept.

She's an evil liar and whore.

Offline Voyager

• New JTFer
Re: Hillary Clinton: The Rich Should Pay More In Taxes
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 05:48:09 PM »
Who are the "rich"?

Whenever I hear this "tax the rich" cry I immediately begin a line of questioning.

My first question is "how many people do you know personally making over 250K"?
Invariably I get a blank stare in response.

I follow with over 200K. The stare continues.

150k usually elicits the same response. But at 100K I'll hears words to the effect "I know a few".
(I guess they are including me.)

As I work down to 75K and 50K they will acknowledge that is just about everyone they know who works (key point).

I then attempt to make them realize just who will pick up the bulk of any new taxes. Sometimes the little lightbulb goes on, but not usually. I then explain the very wealthy manage to have most of their wealth sheltered in various ways.
Then I explain watch out what they wish for, because THEY will be paying for it. Invariably, they reject my points and go back to watching the ball game or other such important matters.

Its SOOO frustrating.