Author Topic: what is your favorite piece of culture  (Read 2565 times)

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
Re: what is your favorite piece of culture
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 12:22:22 PM »
i have a liking for ancient chinese culture. Always liked watching kung fu, chinese martial arts based action TV programs since childhood.

also like reading about kabbalah.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 12:30:38 PM by ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 12:27:18 PM »
With all due respect I think to pretend that modern Jewish culture was not influenced by its long stay in Europe and other exile areas of the world would be wrong. There were wonderful Jewish composers of European-style classical music as well. Do you think King David ate bagels or gefilte fish? What about Muman's favorites, Jewish rap and heavy metal? I understand why some Jews despise the West and the horrors that were perpetrated on the Jewish people by Western people, but I think it's wrong to say that your own culture is purely Jewish with no other influences. The exile was far too long for that.

I never claimed that what I like is purely Jewish culture. What Jews have done throughout the Galut is to take the 'culture' of the host nation and attempt to elevate it in a way that glorifies Hashem. The music I mentioned Amaseffer and ProdEzra both use the gentile forms of music and elevate it with Jewish themes and nigguns {Traditional Jewish melodies}.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niggun

Nigun (pl. nigunim, Hebrew: ניגון‎) or niggun (pl. niggunim) is a Hebrew term meaning “humming tune.” Usually, the term refers to religious songs and tunes that are sung by groups. It is a form of voice instrumental music, often without any lyrics or words, although sounds like “bim-bim-bam” or “Ai-ai-ai!” are often used. Sometimes, Bible verses or quotes from other classical Jewish texts are sung repetitively in the form of a nigun. Nigunim are largely improvisations, though they could be based on thematic passage and are stylized in form. Nigunim are also sung as a Jewish prayer in the form of a lament. Other nigunim may be joyous or victorious. Nigunim are especially central to Jewish worship in Hasidic Judaism, which evolved its own structured, soulful forms to reflect mystical dveikut and joy. Hasidic nigunim capture the Hasidic popularisation and internalisation of Jewish mysticism, centred around the mystical charisma of the Rebbe and their teachings.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 12:32:32 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 12:32:42 PM »
i have a liking for ancient chinese culture. Always liked watching kung fu, chinese martial arts based action TV programs since childhood.

great.do you like bros li?
enemies:negroes,musulmans and commies/liberals.
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 12:36:24 PM »

I took it for granted that you are just a terrible speller with a lazy typing style but, for goodness sake, bros li??? If you can't even spell Bruce Lee correctly, I think you must be faking for effect.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2010, 12:37:48 PM »

I took it for granted that you are just a terrible speller with a lazy typing style but, for goodness sake, bros li??? If you can't even spell Bruce Lee correctly, I think you must be faking for effect.
do you have something USEFUL to say? and yes in in hebrew his name is bros li and not bruce lee.
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 12:50:16 PM »

do you have something USEFUL to say? and yes in in hebrew his name is bros li and not bruce lee.

What he said is very useful and correct. Start typing normally or else your value is lower than your value for now (as a clown).

And in Hebrew it's Bruce Lee just like in English.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2010, 12:53:04 PM »

What he said is very useful and correct. Start typing normally or else your value is lower than your value for now (as a clown).

i realy don't care what a the jewish version of nazism think on me.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 12:53:39 PM »

he was gifted, but was too crazy about his stuff. too much of anything goes against you.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2010, 12:54:02 PM »

i realy don't care what a the jewish version of nazism think on me.

OMG you're so good in revealing your real face it's just amazing  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How can someone be that stupid?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2010, 12:54:12 PM »

People who promote Nazi ideas like creating an ubermensch as ben m did, don't have much value anyway.

That latest typo (intentional or not), reminded me of this comedy clip:

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 12:55:10 PM »

People who promote Nazi ideas like creating an ubermensch as ben m did, don't have much value anyway.

Now his friends go against him ROFL :::D

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2010, 12:57:20 PM »

Now his friends go against him ROFL :::D
she was my friend only in your eyes.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2010, 01:00:26 PM »
I try to be nice to most people here but some stuff just goes over the line.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2010, 01:05:23 PM »
and this is why you unlocked this thread.
btw.okay i am sorry about that.i just realy can't understand why you guys are accepting kaballa and can't accept sciencewhich promote the same thing.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2010, 01:07:08 PM »
btw.okay i am sorry about that.i just realy can't understand why you guys are accepting kaballa and can't accept sciencewhich promote the same thing.

I don't personally believe in kaballah but I don't think I would be allowed to really study it anyway to know what it's all about, because

1. I'm not Jewish
2. I'm too young
and 3. I'm a woman.

If you grow out of some of your immature ideas and learn to temper them with morals then I think you'll be liked a lot more on this board.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2010, 01:10:43 PM »

How the HELL does the Toraht Ha'Kabalah teach the same as Nazi psuedo-science? ???

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2010, 03:28:08 PM »
Who the hell keeps on locking this thread?

Let's bury the hatchet and cut the nonsense for awhile. This started out as a harmless thread.

Personally, I like the culture and traditions of Sephardi Jews, particularly the Yemenite Jews.

I'm also fascinated by the culture of Native Americans. I own a few articles of Sioux Indian clothing. Shawls, sweaters, etc.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2010, 03:32:14 PM »
Who the hell keeps on locking this thread?

Let's bury the hatchet and cut the nonsense for awhile. This started out as a harmless thread.

Personally, I like the culture and traditions of Sephardi Jews, particularly the Yemenite Jews.

I'm also fascinated by the culture of Native Americans. I own a few articles of Sioux Indian clothing. Shawls, sweaters, etc.
okay i locked twice the thread after it shifted from a harmless thread to a filth throwing thread.anyway please all of oyu,i know yu like different cultures so much but please be more specific.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2010, 03:53:47 PM »

My favorite culture in a culture dish
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2010, 03:57:49 PM »
okay i locked twice the thread after it shifted from a harmless thread to a filth throwing thread.anyway please all of oyu,i know yu like different cultures so much but please be more specific.

Thanks I was asking in the mod section who locked it and now I know. I thought I might have done it by mistake the first time so I unlocked it then it was locked again so I thought a mod did it.  ;D

Muman, that petri dish certainly is well-cultured.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2010, 05:14:36 PM »

How the HELL does the Toraht Ha'Kabalah teach the same as Nazi psuedo-science? ???
yask yourself.you are a pseudo jew.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2010, 09:02:27 PM »
I forgot to mention my 'favorite movie' of all time...

I am a big Blade Runner fan...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_runner

Blade Runner is a 1982 American science fiction film, directed by Ridley Scott and starring Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, and Sean Young. The screenplay, written by Hampton Fancher and David Peoples, is based loosely on the novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick. The film depicts a dystopian  Los Angeles in November 2019 in which genetically engineered organic robots called replicants—visually indistinguishable from adult humans—are manufactured by the all-powerful Tyrell Corporation as well as other mega manufacturers around the world. Their use on Earth is banned, and replicants are exclusively used for dangerous, menial or leisure work on Earth's off-world colonies. Replicants who defy the ban and return to Earth are hunted down and "retired" by police special operatives known as "blade runners". The plot focuses on a brutal and cunning group of recently escaped replicants hiding in Los Angeles and the semi-retired blade runner, Rick Deckard, who reluctantly agrees to take on one more assignment to hunt them all down, while searching for his own identity.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great choice Muman.  One of the greatest films ever created.  A benchmark! :dance: :dance: :dance:
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2010, 05:23:41 AM »

Perhaps this will be more USEFUL for you.

People who are lazy in one aspect of their life are usually lazy in other aspects as well. Some of your posts, which sound like you type before thinking things through, show that your laziness in not using capital letters and spell check carries over to other things. That is a shame.

Let me be proactive here and say that I make allowances for your age and immaturity in guessing that you will be offended by what I've written and react like a typical 16 year old by attacking me. I am not writing this to belittle you but to offer friendly advise that may help you later in your life. How you choose to take it and whether or not you use it is your business.

Phfft, now that that nonsense is over......

I enjoy SciFi and second Blade Runner as one of the best ever. I'm also a huge Star Trek fan.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson