Author Topic: Israel CONTINUES to sell weapons to and train the Turkish military  (Read 700 times)

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
More news from the insane asylum known as the modern secular state of Israel.

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/WTARC/2010/me_turkey0564_06_23.asp

Turkey's
military has ignored prohibitions from its government and returned to Israel for unmanned aerial vehicles.

A Turkish military delegation has arrived in Israel to test four Heron UAVs, manufactured by the state-owned Israel Aerospace Industries. The delegation arrived in Israel amid threats by the government of Prime Minister Recep Erdogan to suspend Turkish
military cooperation with the Jewish state.

"We have been using Herons in northern Iraq over the last 10 days," Turkish Chief of Staff Gen. Ilker Basbug said.

Officials said the Turkish delegation, which included more than 20 officers, would test the performance of the Heron medium-altitude, long-endurance unmanned platforms, which can operate for up to 50 hours at a time. They said Heron has been the leading UAV used by the Turkish military in the current offensive in Iraq. Australia, Canada, France and Germany
have deployed or ordered Heron for the NATO stabilization campaign in Afghanistan.

In April 2010, Turkey received six of 10 Heron UAVs ordered in a $190 million deal with IAI and Elbit Systems. The remaining four platforms have been assembled and are awaiting final trials before delivery.

Officials said the last four Herons were expected to arrive in Turkey in July. They said the Turkish military, which has been operating the Herons without Israeli assistance, has expressed satisfaction with the UAV's performance, particularly in operations against the Kurdish Workers Party in northern Iraq.
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Israel CONTINUES to sell weapons to and train the Turkish military
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 09:21:10 PM »
That's messed up!  I wouldn't give them the time of day.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 09:30:09 PM »
 ???

What traitors.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 10:31:26 PM »
That's messed up!  I wouldn't give them the time of day.

Aces High: That's not nice. We should roast Turkey! Nepalm, anyone? :)