Author Topic: Knesset thanks Hamas leader's son for contribution to Israel  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/knesset-thanks-hamas-leader-s-son-for-contribution-to-israel-1.298473

The Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee sent a letter of thanks recently to Mosab Hassan Yousef, who for a decade was an important source of intelligence for the Shin Bet security service source. Yousef's father, Sheikh Hassan Yousef, was a Hamas leader in the West Bank.

In its letter the committee noted that from 1998 to 2007 Yousef helped to improve the security of Israelis and Palestinians by guiding the Shin Bet to thwart terror attacks and the murder of innocent people, showing great courage, reliability and determination. The letter said that the committee found it particularly moving that although Yousef was raised in a home and in an environment steeped in the militant vision of Hamas he had found the strength to sanctify life and peace and to eschew violence, incitement and terror.

Wilf initiated the letter in response to a series of articles in Haaretz about Yousef in which he and one of his handlers expressed anger about the lack of official recognition from Israel of Yousef's work.

Yousef, who now lives in California, spent last week in Washington, D.C. with G. The two, who have become friends over the past year, met with Congress members and representatives of Jewish organizations. Emet, a pro-Israel think-tank, awarded Yousef its Speaker of Truth award.

Republican Congressman Doug Lamborn of Colorado promised during his meeting with the two to halt Yousef's deportation from the United States because of his affiliation to Hamas.

In its action against Yousef, the U.S. Immigration Service quoted portions of his recent book, "Son of Hamas," in which Yousef said he had been a Hamas member, but without noting that he joined the organization in order to pass on information to the Shin Bet. In a letter signed by eight other Congress members, Lamborn urged U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano not to deport Yousef.
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Re: Knesset thanks Hamas leader's son for contribution to Israel
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 10:45:37 PM »
He's a good guy.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein