Author Topic: Will Obama purposely allow Iran the bomb? Article  (Read 562 times)

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
Re: Will Obama purposely allow Iran the bomb? Article
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 06:51:04 AM »
Krauthammer is a wise man and a fine writer.  However, he misses a point:  Like a relic Utopian from the 1930s to 1950s, Obama honestly believes that surrendering military superiority to the enemy will put the enemy at ease, and thus tension will be defused.  This is the reason that intelligent people gave atomic secrets to the Soviets in the 1940s:  they were convinced that the only way to have peace was for both sides to have equal armaments.  I'm convinced that Obama wants Iran to be on equal footing with Israel (at least) and even on equal footing with even the United States.  On the other hand, the rational person recognizes that the deterrence philosophy of Mutually Assured Destruction does not work with people who believe that they're greatest accomplishment is to bring death.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Will Obama purposely allow Iran the bomb? Article
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 10:59:38 AM »
Krauthammer is a wise man and a fine writer.  However, he misses a point:  Like a relic Utopian from the 1930s to 1950s, Obama honestly believes that surrendering military superiority to the enemy will put the enemy at ease, and thus tension will be defused.  This is the reason that intelligent people gave atomic secrets to the Soviets in the 1940s:  they were convinced that the only way to have peace was for both sides to have equal armaments.  I'm convinced that Obama wants Iran to be on equal footing with Israel (at least) and even on equal footing with even the United States.  On the other hand, the rational person recognizes that the deterrence philosophy of Mutually Assured Destruction does not work with people who believe that they're greatest accomplishment is to bring death.

You're a great writer and I agree with you!  I would just like to add that Obama is an obvious antisemite, which needs needs a heavy factoring into the equation, of wether he purposely wants Iran to have the bomb.  Which I think is every possibility.