Author Topic: A multitude of stray Cats in Israel  (Read 5710 times)

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
Re: A multitude of stray Cats in Israel
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2010, 03:28:34 AM »
i like cats more than dogs.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2010, 03:56:18 AM »
and then they poop all over the place?  No thanks...
Cats are among the cleanest animals on the planet. If a cat is doing that it is trying to tell you that something is wrong.
I can't imagine my cats deciding to poop anywhere but their litter area!  What a tragedy!
Isn't the litter area inside?  I don't think I would like to have a litter box inside my house.  It has been a very long time since I owned a cat.

My dog is trained to go outside and he never makes mistakes.  He is great dog.  Very intelligent and loyal. 
I have a question.  Do cats run to the door when you come home?  I really don't know the answer to that question.  That is one of the best times of my day.  When the dog runs to greet me.
Also, my dog doesn't go on the furniture or kitchen counters.  One of my relatives has a cat that climbs all over everything.  My neighbors cat kills birds all over my yard and poops in sandy soil.  I hate finding dead birds and cat poop.

I guess it's just a matter of preference. 
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2010, 04:30:35 AM »
and then they poop all over the place?  No thanks...
Cats are among the cleanest animals on the planet. If a cat is doing that it is trying to tell you that something is wrong.
I can't imagine my cats deciding to poop anywhere but their litter area!  What a tragedy!
Isn't the litter area inside?  I don't think I would like to have a litter box inside my house.  It has been a very long time since I owned a cat.

My dog is trained to go outside and he never makes mistakes.  He is great dog.  Very intelligent and loyal. 
I have a question.  Do cats run to the door when you come home?  I really don't know the answer to that question.  That is one of the best times of my day.  When the dog runs to greet me.
Also, my dog doesn't go on the furniture or kitchen counters.  One of my relatives has a cat that climbs all over everything.  My neighbors cat kills birds all over my yard and poops in sandy soil.  I hate finding dead birds and cat poop.

I guess it's just a matter of preference. 

The litter is in a part of the apartment that I do not stay in, as long as I stay current on the litter my home is happy.  I can see why this would be an issue depending on the outlay of a home.

My boy cat must recognize the sound of how I walk because he is always right at the door when I come home ready to be picked up.  This cat also hates when I leave even if he has other humans and cats to play with him, sometimes he howls, he would go crazy when he was younger -- even if I just take a shower [he used to get into my shower with me!].  My girl cat sleeps on my chest every night, or my back if I roll over.  She is like a little lumberjack who can balance on a rotating log -- I don't fall asleep right w/o her now.  My old dog [of blessed memory] used to light up when I would come home, sleep at my door so no one could bother me and she would know when I woke up first...  I never needed a leash for her either.  A cat being excited to see you when you come home and a dog excited to see you when you come home are different experiences, although both very pleasurable.

My cats seem to stay away from kitchen counters, but they do get on other furniture.  In the past I have let my dogs onto the furniture as well.  I guess I am just pet friendly as far as furniture goes.  Sometimes it is interesting to me to watch my cats try and walk on certain areas, like my bookshelves that go around the room [the books provide an uneven surface so they need to balance carefully!].  They also have some "cat furniture" which I enjoy watching them play with.

I do not let my cats outside very often.  I'll take my boy out to see a change of scenery every so often but indoor cats live a lot longer than outdoor cats, or even indoor/outdoor.

I like dogs a lot too.  If I was not a dog person I would have never gotten my first cat, a sickly little 6 week old stray cat who lost his mom somehow who passed out starving under my cars tire.  I like mammals in general.  One day I hope to have another dog; my best dog was a Shepard-Rottweiler mix... I am holding out from getting a new dog until I, God willing, make Aliyah; I've been considering a Canaan dog, one of my Israeli friends has one.  I'd also like a horse, I intend on at least riding a camel once to see if I like them [I've heard they are finicky and can even spit at people!].  I've had hamsters as a kid, and when I worked in SoHo NYC I adopted a rat my friend tried to feed to his boa constrictor that was too big to eat [and later a companion rat].  I don't like reptiles to much, or birds really [but I have taken care of a parrot at a store I used to run, and I have read about cockatiels and might check more out on them in time].
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2010, 05:02:10 AM »
You take a cat out of its natural home and put it somewhere else it gets stressed for a period of time and even its personality could permanently change as if it were an abused child.

Most dogs, however, stay the same stupid lovable, obedient animals when you do that.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2010, 06:29:24 AM »
imo, cats are difficult to train unlike dogs. I dont like dogs cause they are loud and they salivate a lot lol. However dogs give the love back, cats hardly do. Dont feed a dog for a couple of days, and he/she wont be angry with you.. do that with cat, and they will withdraw themself from us.

i have a question for some here who own cats. Do female and male cats behave differently with their owners? i have heard that female cats tend to go towards the male owner, and vice versa.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2010, 07:07:07 AM »
imo, cats are difficult to train unlike dogs. I dont like dogs cause they are loud and they salivate a lot lol. However dogs give the love back, cats hardly do. Dont feed a dog for a couple of days, and he/she wont be angry with you.. do that with cat, and they will withdraw themself from us.

i have a question for some here who own cats. Do female and male cats behave differently with their owners? i have heard that female cats tend to go towards the male owner, and vice versa.

I have had very close connections with both male and female cats.... But my current favorite cat happens to be a female...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2010, 07:22:14 AM »
My cat was just like a dog, I sure do miss him! He would come to do the door to greet me every night when I came home from work. He was a great "watch cat" too, would alert me if someone was outside. He would fetch, play tag, you name it. NEVER on my kitchen counters, you CAN train cats! I think male cats are alot more friendly than females AND I believe each and every one has their own personality. I had an orange tabby and you talk about a brat! LOL I love both cats and dogs, but will say dogs drive me more crazy with their "Pet me pet me pet me pet me" constantly! And unless you have a fenced in yard, YOU have to put them on a leash and take them outside. I had a fenced in yard and would put my cat on a leash and the other end was tied to a brick so he wouldn't wander LOL I used to vacuum EVERY day, so the one thing I do NOT miss is all that hair!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2010, 07:49:24 AM »
Its a shame that animals have to be left to starve and perish.  Every family should find it in their hearts to own at least one pet.  We always neuter or spay, that way there is not going to be any accidents.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2010, 07:57:56 AM »

I have one male and female and they both go to me more than my roommate [who is female] the vast majority of the time, and my roommate's cat is a female cat and she prefers being around my roommate for sure.  I think with cats it really depends how much time at home you spend, and how much of that time you spend directly with them that influences how much a cat will go to interact with that person.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2010, 09:01:44 AM »

I have 3 female cats and one male cat and the male cat is pretty much the same, he just is a little more pushy for affection and cries if I'm holding one of the other ones instead of him sometimes. lol

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2010, 09:28:17 AM »
See it's all a matter of preference.  ;D
Animals are sometimes better then people.
They never look at the superficials.
You give them love.  They love you back.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2010, 10:31:35 AM »
I say better than cats and dogs are having your own kids. Something we all need to strive for
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2010, 01:06:58 PM »
I say better than cats and dogs are having your own kids. Something we all need to strive for

But you have to walk your kids, feed them, and bathe them... And then put them through school...

8)
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2010, 02:05:56 PM »
Kids Gd willing give you a legacy.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2010, 04:54:02 PM »
True.  I only have one, but boy does she make life worth living.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2010, 05:51:27 PM »
Every morning in Yeshivah we'd see them eating in the cheder ochel. Freaky.